2019 Speed Series Registration

Terry Everall

Class E will be no different to other classes and 2019 TTs are based on the 2018 TT unless a new record has been set or it was a new track

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys and gals. Xmas and New Year is over so please get your applications in so we can start to judge attendance  levels, order T shirts etc. 

Draft Regs near complete and will be published soon.

Just saying @terry everall but it’s a bit rich chasing entries when we don’t even have draft regs yet ! 

5 hours ago, Marto303 said:

Just saying @terry everall but it’s a bit rich chasing entries when we don’t even have draft regs yet ! 

I've been thinking that since I saw the people signing in straight away... and for what we know, they could be signing for a destruction derby event...

• Haha 2

So in that case, I assume your entry is going in this afternoon then Maurici? :laugh:

• Haha 1

No... I'm holding it, to be sure is destruction derby... Imagine for a moment that they dare to organize an speed championship with sprint circuits and hill climbs!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, maurici said:

I've been thinking that since I saw the people signing in straight away... and for what we know, they could be signing for a destruction derby event...

If half my car goes one way and the other half another at the first corner it’ll look like a destruction derby @maurici :blush:

4 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

If half my car goes one way and the other half another at the first corner it’ll look like a destruction derby @maurici :blush:

So. Already starting to cheat?

Front end class d, back end class b?

You know you have to sign on twice for competing with two cars?

Bear that in mind... i think two wheeled cars are called motorbikes tho...

• Haha 1

DRAFT Regs now posted so let have those Registrations in now.

After seeing the regs, that is me steping down. The seat regs is too tight for my car and for my safety (assuming the scrutineer wouldnt spot that i sat higher than what i should). Have fun out there, hope to see you around! I wish i had realized that before throwing in the bin 140 quid between the spanish federation and msuk.

Let me add that, unfortunately, i see the efforts focussed in the wrong way. Over-regulating the seats (mainly to avoid people competing with yoga foam in the passenger seat) witch is a no-sense as everyone could remove the passenger seat free of cost (4 bolts) you are suddnetly banning a competition foam seat, witch is cheaper, way safer and the only solution for big/tall people on this cars, as can be seen in the caterham academy. Remember that this is not too different in principle that the old style bench seats... that were not more than a foam and some lining over it stucked on the floor.

By the way... surely only GRP or westfield seats? You will ban people with carbon seats too? Or vintage motecarlo style seats with tubular structure?

Confusing.

You are not reading the Regs correctly. The drivers seat will need to pass the Scrutineers ( and maybe an MOT if you run list 1A or 1B tyres) and could be made by Westfield or "GRP" ( obviously including carbon fibre seats) or any other substantial seat which may also include correctly constructed Foam profile seats. If you are in class C,D,E and F then you can go in mod prods on the day, which most people do and will not need a passenger seat. 

I dont care about passenger seats... but how on the earth shall I understand that carbon, foam, or any other correctly built seat will be allowed from here terry?

Cars competing in classes A and B (only list 1A and 1B tyres) are permitted) as well as classes C, D, E, F cars that are using list 1A and 1B tyres (and therefore eligible for road going classes) must have a drivers and passenger seat fitted including seat belts. The seats must be factory supplied or custom GRP units.

Great so as I’m running ZZR’s in D I can ditch the foam and seat belts in passenger side altogether :t-up:

Martin

That is what we hope to get agreed for people running in Mod Prods

Maurici. You conveniently stopped before the last part of 3.2.4 which talks about alternative construction for passenger seats. If you have a correctly made GRP, carbon Fibre or even some other structurally sound seat that will pass MOT snd scrutineering you will not have a problem. You need to read section K 2.2 of the blue book.