Required items for kit collection

Si.Dalziel

As the title suggests I’m after advice on any extra items that would be handy to take with me to collect my kit.

I’m going in a Luton van and have some tie down straps and rope to help secure the larger items.

Do I need some old blankets/duvets/extra bubble wrap??????

Collection date is tomorrow so I probably left this a little late but any tips would be greatly appreciated

Yep - old carpet, towels blankets etc.! Don't take you're wallet :d Enjoy the day!

• Haha 1

I took loads of blankets and towels , which ironically after 2 1/2 years just emptied the crate they were in last night, unused , as the factory didnt advise on the bodywork not being ready when I collected 'half' my car. So, maybe ask them what they have as I needed nothing towel wise as Ian has the worlds largest drum of cardboard for stuff and knows how to pack a van with his hands behind his back. But do take straps to hold the chassis down from bumps in the brummie roads.

• Like 1

Now I asked last week and was told it’s all “due” in on time.

No surprise phone calls today to advise that it isn’t ready. Was a bit shocked so sent a quick email to see if it’s all ok.

Apparently so! 

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

@IanK (Bagpuss) the wallet is next to useless after paying the final balance and Xmas shopping lol. 

• Haha 3

While you can get the individual bits here there and everywhere for less, I’ve always just got the IVA kit from the factory, for an easier life!

Its worth trying to pick one up with the kit, as some of the covers and protective bits are much easier built in as you build up the car, than trying to add on at the end.

Blankets and towels have always been my go-to for these things, usually rather result of a last minute raid on the local charity shops!!

Have a great day tomorrow.

As said blankets etc. Ian's a master at packing your bits in a van as TJ said. Don't forget to take as many photos as you can of cars in build in the factory (doesn't matter what model), they were an invaluable reference for me. Not so valuable as the forum obviously ;). There was a car on the lift when I went, Ian raised it so I could go underneath and take some shots, as well. Enjoy the day.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Don't forget to take as many photos as you can of cars in build in the factory 

I had thought about this and will be taking a charger to make sure the phone has plenty of power for pics.

• Like 2