2019 WSCC Calendar

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

5 hours ago, NigelO said:

Whoohoo! My budding photographer son made the front cover of the calendar with one of his shots, taken from my car as we trundled along on one of Julie’s famous Peak District runs

We even got a couple of thumbnail photos inside too

well chuffed:yellow-westy:

Which means my car made the cover group! A really cracking photo, and deserving cover.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2018 at 14:18, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

I am going to put December on display next to my 2018 calendar. 

Mr December, thank you... and I expect submitted by you.

Kirsty (SWMBO) found it very entertaining.

Thanks  for picture and all the other peak district Sunday saunters this year.

Santa suit ready for the 23rd this year

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

The calendar is definitely the Capn Pugwash Snow @Andrew - nice shots mind :d

I sent my usual half dozen pics in.. not sure why I got more than my fair share of months.. I find it a bit .. :blush:

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday, but it must have been assembled at 4:30pm the previous Friday - one of the staples is off the mark and the pages won't fold over right to hang evenly. Anyone else get a crook one?

2 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Mine arrived yesterday, but it must have been assembled at 4:30pm the previous Friday - one of the staples is off the mark and the pages won't fold over right to hang evenly. Anyone else get a crook one?

Its how kitcars are constructed. They are all unique and not perfect in one way or another. :d  The calendars follow suit :laugh:

Mine was a bit wonky last year, but managed to unstaple and restaple it.

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

Its how kitcars are constructed. They are all unique and not perfect in one way or another. :d  The calendars follow suit :laugh:

Justin, do you mean the mag or car?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Its how kitcars are constructed. They are all unique and not perfect in one way or another. :d

Yes, indeed, but not just kits. Our factory-built type-approval car is not the truest either.

4 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Ooo, that must have hurt!      Which reminds me of a story, an urban legend of sorts that I read in a workplace safety magazine...

There's this guy who worked in a factory, one of those old-school factories where everything is belt-driven from a central electric motor. He was a bit of a loner, so never joined the rest of the crew at lunch breaks, and the rest of them thought he was a bit weird so didn't bother about it. What he was actually doing on his own was getting his jollys by 'applying' his nether regions to a running belt down the back of the factory each day. One day he loses concentration, and gets his sac whipped around between the belt and a pulley! Well, he isn't going to rock up to the receptionist who has the first-aid kit with the bleeding mess now is he, so he decides to stitch it closed with a  paper stapler. Of course, all this comes to light three weeks later when he has to go to hospital, after the staples have gone rusty and his testes are oozing pus and the size of grapefruits. There is definitely more than one moral to this story, for sure!

11 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Yes, indeed, but not just kits. Our factory-built type-approval car is not the truest either.

Ooo, that must have hurt!      Which reminds me of a story, an urban legend of sorts that I read in a workplace safety magazine...

There's this guy who worked in a factory, one of those old-school factories where everything is belt-driven from a central electric motor. He was a bit of a loner, so never joined the rest of the crew at lunch breaks, and the rest of them thought he was a bit weird so didn't bother about it. What he was actually doing on his own was getting his jollys by 'applying' his nether regions to a running belt down the back of the factory each day. One day he loses concentration, and gets his sac whipped around between the belt and a pulley! Well, he isn't going to rock up to the receptionist who has the first-aid kit with the bleeding mess now is he, so he decides to stitch it closed with a  paper stapler. Of course, all this comes to light three weeks later when he has to go to hospital, after the staples have gone rusty and his testes are oozing pus and the size of grapefruits. There is definitely more than one moral to this story, for sure!

Is the moral “don’t believe everything you read on the internet”? ;)

12 minutes ago, RussH said:

Is the moral “don’t believe everything you read on the internet”? ;)

Before the days of the internet , went to a mates party. 2 couples turn up. My mate said to one of the guys ' hope you're feeling better now' He sort of nods and the story comes out later in the party. The 2 couples were walking through a park after having a few drinks . They walked passed some goal posts and one decided to swing on the crossbar . The other decided to try and shimmy across the top. Well, they got bored, the girlies wanted to go, so one of the slid down the goal post. The post has hooks on it to hold the nets up, which then ripped into his jeans and jammed into his meat and veg. Obviously pitch dark and drunk , had no idea of the damage done. He was lifted up and freed and they made a B line for home. By the time they had got back the front of his jeans were blood covered . The ambulance appeared soon after ( no mobile phones in those days !) One testicle was hanging towards his knee, the other was trying to escape and he had also ripped open his manhood. At that point , all alcohol had worn off and the pain happened. Took a lot of reconstruction and stitches to piece it back together.

No one was going to doubt what he went through :o

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

Before the days of the internet , went to a mates party. 2 couples turn up. My mate said to one of the guys ' hope you're feeling better now' He sort of nods and the story comes out later in the party. The 2 couples were walking through a park after having a few drinks . They walked passed some goal posts and one decided to swing on the crossbar . The other decided to try and shimmy across the top. Well, they got bored, the girlies wanted to go, so one of the slid down the goal post. The post has hooks on it to hold the nets up, which then ripped into his jeans and jammed into his meat and veg. Obviously pitch dark and drunk , had no idea of the damage done. He was lifted up and freed and they made a B line for home. By the time they had got back the front of his jeans were blood covered . The ambulance appeared soon after ( no mobile phones in those days !) One testicle was hanging towards his knee, the other was trying to escape and he had also ripped open his manhood. At that point , all alcohol had worn off and the pain happened. Took a lot of reconstruction and stitches to piece it back together.

No one was going to doubt what he went through :o

Thanks for sharing (I think:()

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

I sent my usual half dozen pics in.. not sure why I got more than my fair share of months.. I find it a bit .. :blush:

Good action shots. Plain to see :yes:

Not much in the way of Speed Series action shots but I guess you can only publish what is sent in.