Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams - 21-23 JUNE 2019

Rab (bombero) Reid

6 hours ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Never met any of you but have booked a wigwam!!

Looking forward to it and hope to meet a few of you before this when the meets start to happen in the Spring.

Way hay good man we WILL meet up before then

keep the faith :d

• 4 weeks later...

due to other commitments this year lorna and I will not make the clan gathering, first time we have missed it . but I am planning my own highland blast 5 days 800 miles and 4 pubs will post up the details soon . it wont clash with the wig wam bam weekend .

12 hours ago, ziplob said:

due to other commitments this year lorna and I will not make the clan gathering, first time we have missed it . but I am planning my own highland blast 5 days 800 miles and 4 pubs will post up the details soon . it wont clash with the wig wam bam weekend .

Bob, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that this is a blow to the annual McWesty Gathering! I was always clear at 'ma wee thank you' speech at the Applecross Inn that the weekend wouldn't happen if it wasn't for your input and support, especially with the support van and BBQ!

I'm sure Gary will be along shortly and concur. We'll need to discuss new logistics at the first meeting this year..

21 hours ago, ziplob said:

Hi Bob as Rab said you’ll be a big miss for sure, as everyone has been indebted to your organising in the past 

Will post up soon to organise a get together to discuss dates and events 

Hi , bald eagle booked, will be heading up from scottish borders on the friday if anyone wanting to meet up on the way? as long as we make it back from Switzerland   in time lol .

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Looking forward to it. It may give me the push to do a few jobs that I have been wanting to do since Feb!!!

Maybe not though as if I have free time and it’s not raining I want to go for a drive 😊

• Haha 1

I emptied the car this morning and there was an inch of water u Dee Trina’s seat not now though

3 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

I emptied the car this morning and there was an inch of water u Dee Trina’s seat not now though

Are you sure it was water? Perhaps you didn't have enough comfort breaks! 😁

• Haha 1

So I assume it’s the usual meet up at kilmahog for 10am chaps on the Friday morning ? 

@Hornet600 10am makes sense if you're going all the way to Applecross, but Tyndrum is only an hour away from there - or do you have a long way there planned?

However, the missus has a doctor's appointment at 9 so we certainly won't be able to get to Kilmahog by 10.

@Jonsey You can pick us up on the way past if you like (Bellshill) - what part of the borders are you?