2019 Speed Series Calender and update

mark.anson

15 minutes ago, terry everall said:

Dave 

There were 8 Novices registered in 2018!

That's 1/2 those in 2017 that 'registered.'

Registrations alone do not make a Championship. They're just potential competitors. I was one but didn't compete.

Competition makes a Championship, which is why the full SS Championship is so great - always close competion till the last event.

Only one Novice registration competed for full season & Novice Championship this year.

3 Novices competed for mini Sprint Challenge.

13 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

That's 1/2 those in 2017 that 'registered.'

Registrations alone do not make a Championship. They're just potential competitors. I was one but didn't compete.

Competition makes a Championship, which is why the full SS Championship is so great - always close competion till the last event.

Only one Novice registration competed for full season & Novice Championship this year.

3 Novices competed for mini Sprint Challenge.

So why didn't you compete? In order to compete you first have to register so you were half way there

10 minutes ago, John said:

So why didn't you compete? In order to compete you first have to register so you were half way there

This >>

1 hour ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

My challenge is to get the road driving itches scratched then get into a more competitive Westie and get back into this fantastic sport.

& lack of Resources for a full season. Competing for a full season in 2015 was great, but dabbling into a few sprint events didn't do it for me.

Would be good to have you back

21 minutes ago, John said:

Would be good to have you back

Oh..... Sometime..... I definitely will be.

Hopefully in a competitive Westie, with a driver that thinks he could be competitive but may not be :p

• Like 1

I will be registering again this year but doubt I’ll be able compete that much due family commitments and holidays coinciding with many of the events that happen to be a “doable” distance from the outer reaches of GeordieLand.

Would like to try a proper hill climb but Harewood date is out for me and the rest are just too far away. 

Fancy trying Knockhill so will make sure I do a trackday there earlier next year so I at least have a bit of practice.

44 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Fancy trying Knockhill so will make sure I do a trackday there earlier next year so I at least have a bit of practice.

Noted. :)

Is there no Croft sprint btw?

No Croft

last year was a nightmare, should never have started and was rained off due to floods on the track 

since the we have had no refund or explanation as to what happened and also I understand that there is track work being carried out which might not be finished in time for Easter

6 minutes ago, terry everall said:

No Croft

last year was a nightmare, should never have started and was rained off due to floods on the track 

since the we have had no refund or explanation as to what happened and also I understand that there is track work being carried out which might not be finished in time for Easter

I heard it's being entirely resurfaced. They have a sprint listed on their events page though, Easter Monday.

http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/events

Well done Mark and Terry and everyone else that’s involved looks good 

I can’t wait to be back out next year 

• Like 1