2019 Speed Series Calender and update

mark.anson

I was informed that there were developments on site which meant the sprint would not take place. In addition , this year, the conditions in the parking area were rubbish with gravel everywhere, toilets closed at night and poor organisation as well as only 1 lap circuit and not the 2 we believed we were having.

57 minutes ago, terry everall said:

I was informed that there were developments on site which meant the sprint would not take place. In addition , this year, the conditions in the parking area were rubbish with gravel everywhere, toilets closed at night and poor organisation as well as only 1 lap circuit and not the 2 we believed we were having.

After all these years it is disappointing to hear its is being dropped after just one revisit.

I accept that if the sprints are not running then we can't go, but if they are running we should attempt to go and try to get the organising club to improve the admin, organisation and hopefully toilets etc

The paddock was no worse than 3 Sisters and parts of Blyton

We run on long and short tracks elsewhere ie Hethel!

Can I ask that you confirm if sprints are running or not and if they are try and get us an invite?

Thanks

G

1 hour ago, graham frankland said:

Hi Folks

What has happened to Silverstone for 2019 please?

G

Organisation was appalling. Paddock was crap. No toilets available after 6pm the night before. Apart from that is was great. 

I will recheck situation with MGCC but how many would attend ....? 

22 minutes ago, terry everall said:

I will recheck situation with MGCC but how many would attend ....? 

I did enjoy the track. So would possibly attend again but not really an event for atmosphere or the usual club banter

MGCC have confirmed that I was correct and a Sprint will not be held in 2019

The control tower, garages and offices etc have been leased to Aston Martin

On 07/12/2018 at 08:11, terry everall said:

The control tower, garages and offices etc have been leased to Aston Martin

Great disappointment so I guess I will have to sell the Westie and buy an Aston!

Thanks for checking anyway!

G

On 08/12/2018 at 13:12, graham frankland said:

Great disappointment so I guess I will have to sell the Westie and buy an Aston!

Thanks for checking anyway!

G

Have a chat with Nick, I’m sure he could help :d

• Haha 1