How do I easily “rotate” the Westfield in the garage?

GuyT

I’m after a little advice, moments of inspiration or any suggestions really.  

I don’t have a single garage or a double garage but somewhere in the middle, the garage had a sideways extension by the previous owner and i can just squeeze the car across the garage..... but how do I do this?  I will need to almost literally slide the car into place, a 4,362 turn isn’t an option.  I once had a skip lorry driver offer to move a ‘rogue’ car with a series of shovels under each tyre but i am sure (hoping) someone else on here has done something similar and has a brighter solution than shovels.

Having the car across the back of the garage makes a lot of sense especially over the winter months.

If anyone has any ideas I’d be delighted to hear.

Cheers

Go-jacks, or scates as they’re sometimes called.

little pads with casters on that fit under each wheel, you can then push the car in any direction, including rotating it on the spot.

If you have a hard and smooth floor, the wheel dollies Kevin linked to are perfect :t-up:

• Like 1

Kevin, AdamR

Maybe an odd questions but I assume you jack the car up and onto these ‘dollies’?  The floor is hard and smooth which is a great start.

There were others in the eBay link which seemed to clamp around and then jack the wheels up which may be simpler.  I shall look more closely

Thanks

I use 2 dollies on the rear wheels and simply push the car round. 12 foot wide garage, 11 foot long car, no problem. I have a video on YouTube, I'll post a link later. 

Yeah, you jack the car and then stick it on the dollies. It can be done with 2 if you have enough space.

30 minutes ago, GuyT said:

Kevin, AdamR

Maybe an odd questions but I assume you jack the car up and onto these ‘dollies’?  The floor is hard and smooth which is a great start.

There were others in the eBay link which seemed to clamp around and then jack the wheels up which may be simpler.  I shall look more closely

Thanks

I think one of the hydraulic dollies was the price of the set of four I linked to!

Thanks for all the comments and the video was absolutely perfect because that is basically what I will be doing.  I wasn’t keen on the thought of trying to jack the front up and down but if I’m just jacking the back, perfect.

It'll be cheaper dollies opposed to hydraulic ones.

Thankyou for everyone’s input

• Like 2

I could get mine across the back of my garage leaving room for a normal car as well. Sadly, though, my garage floor has a slope on it and as soon as it was on the dollies it would be down the drive into the shed! I have a Mister Shifta to move my trailer and it cannot get sufficient traction to move the trailer up the drive into the garage if the car is on it. Empty it moves it easily so I have to drive the car up onto the trailer after parking the trailer in the garage. Price of living on a hillside I suppose.