Peak District Ice Cream Run, SUNDAY 16th Dec 1100 Tagg Lane

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Tagg Lane Dairy, Bakewell, DE45 1JP at 11.00, what for? well to eat ice cream of course. The seasoned travellers amongst us are getting used to Julie's naughty ways of eating unconventional things at unconventional times, and I have had no complaints so far!

After a very unusual brunch we will take the stunning roads West across the Peak District, arriving at Blaze Ice Cream Farm, Macclesfield where the Tea Room serves proper food for lunch, topped off with more ice cream (or cake) which is made on the premises.

Bring your cool box and take some home with you, festive flavours are on offer such as their Christmas Pudding flavoured ice cream, crammed with sultanas, cherries, peel, spices and nuts. OMG I have just died and gone to heaven writing that one down!

I can't wait and we are going, even if it is raining and we just meet at one place in the rag top. I will probably try and go for the Sunday unless either the weather dictates otherwise or anyone prefers the Saturday.

Is anyone else coming or can you actually resist the temptation?

Will be there with cool box. (Though possibly in the tin top!)

Ooh, this means your car will be off the road for a while, I need therapy to prepare for it.

17 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Ooh, this means your car will be off the road for a while, I need therapy to prepare for it.

You and me both.

Might need a double iced cream, just to calm my nerves!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry..  no again:(  other  events mean I need to be home early

It's going to be cold 

• Sad 1

I may not be able to do Saturday now, but Sunday still OK, I’d be tin top anyway though, so will see how your plans go..

The weather is forecast rain, sleet and snow for Saturday so Sunday it is.

11.00 Tagg Lane Diary

I have checked the Buxton Webcam and there is no snow, thankfully, plus the outside thermometer has just risen to +1. Forecast is good for tomorrow morning and I just fancy eating an ice cream, er well maybe not, but I do fancy a little drive in my muchly loved car. Can't wait.

• Like 1

Brace yourselves for the magnificent line up of Westfields in the car park of Tagg Lane Dairy

DSC06660.JPG

It is a whole, thoroughbred Westfield, soon to be joined by Dave Eastwood who promptly dwarfed my car

DSC06664.JPG

Christmas Pudding Ice Cream on top with the very favourite Jaffa Cake ice cream underneath

DSC06667.JPG

After a good car-i chat it was revealed why Dave had pretended that his car was off the road and he needed to come in the very large, freezer sized pick up. It was because he was stocking up on ice cream, tubs full of the stuff :p

GUILTY

DSC06669.JPG

After an enjoyable chat and a strange brunch it was time to get home before it all melted depart. We are not ones to go directly home so it was a little sight seeing tour taking in the rather great hairpin road to Litton on the way. With almost frozen tarmac that was drenched from the overnight rain it was a little frustrating on the really quiet roads.

DSC06677.JPG

DSC06680.JPG

The Monsal Head Viaduct

DSC06681.JPG

DSC06682.JPG

Fingers crossed for some of this fine weather for the Santa Run next Sunday.

• Like 2

Glad you've had a good but quiet run. I had a tricky trot round the villages this morning in my trainers with a few 'Torville and Dean' moments. Let's hope the sun shines next week!

• Like 2

Was slippy at the dairy too.

All iced cream safely now tucked away in the freezer at home ready for Christmas, and no, none of the tubs are missing even the slightest little taster scoop!

yum, yum!

• Haha 1