Awesome things on a Friday

Thrustyjust

Hard to read without the odd tear in the eye.

Always fantastic to see people, even in big corporate environments, taking the time and trouble to care.

Thank you for sharing it.

What an amazing gesture. Such a perfect reminder of how finding 5 mins to go the extra mile can make so much difference to someone else.

That little boy will remember that for ever.

• Like 1

I shouldn't have read that today, It's my Mams birthday, she died in 1963 when i was 13. :cry:

• Sad 2

If she hadn’t passed away two years ago, It would have been my Mum’s 91st on Monday, and ten days ago was the aniversary of my Dads death, 35 years ago, so always a hard few weeks.

It’s always a bad time of year for so many families like that, strange in amongst the general happiness of the season. 

6 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It’s always a bad time of year for so many families like that, strange in amongst the general happiness of the season. 

It is definate that. When my old man( ironically he was 44) passed away , it is 25 years now, I still remember the first Xmas with just mum, sis and me sat at the festive table , trying hard to create an ambience of normality, happiness and festiveness. We should have mingled with other family but reality was here and he wasnt and mum wanted to let everyone elses families not have to accept our first year off an 'oddity' . We still miss him like mad and my 44th year of life was the hardest one for me. To feel I out lived him and thought that at 44 was nothing as a life. I do talk to mum about it all , even now.

My love of cars is something he never had . Blimey, rattling around in a Fiat 131 estate in turd brown and orange velour seats was not a catchy one, I can tell you :d. I did say to mum, when I had my Elise, that I wished I could chuck him the keys and say ' go take mum away for the weekend' . Little things like that make me sad to think it wasnt meant to be. Life does move on, but in a different pace and different directions to where you hoped. That is the thing you must move with and strengthen yourself to that.

• Like 3