hammie

Mintex part number

Hi peeps

I have bitten the bullet and brought some Wilwood powerlite  calipers and have followed numerous threads 're pads and the consensus is M1144. Question is what is the full part number. Is it MBD1890 M1144.

s-l1600.jpg

I think the part numbernis M1144. If you put that in the search engines on web sites, generally the pads will appear.also have a look at M1155 pads, i changed from the 44’s to the 55’s as they squealed so much, even when warm 

having said that, both pads stop the car very well 

On 30/11/2018 at 06:19, AdamR said:

Holy brake discussion Batman. 

Another fan of the DS2500 here.

3 hours ago, RussH said:

Holy brake discussion Batman. 

Another fan of the DS2500 here.

Are these more race orientated. Just looking at AdamR title of sprint winner 16 and 17.

21 minutes ago, hammie said:

Are these more race orientated. Just looking at AdamR title of sprint winner 16 and 17.

I think it’s fair to say that @AdamR tends to warm his brakes up quicker than your average Joe :)

I’ve found for road use the DS2500 are terrifyingly poor when cold till you’ve gone through the bedding in process, then just poor when cold for a good few hundred miles plus. BUT, once your 300 or 400 miles in, really, really good stopping power, in a good caliper at least, way better than the Mintex I’ve used previously, and in the AP Race callipers, not a hint of Mintex squeal! 

Inhave always found them just a tad wooden feeling compared to the Mintex. But have never felt the need to change to Mintex again! (My ears couldn’t take it!)

On track though, I suspect you have the innitial settling in process over way faster than 3/400 miles.

• Like 1

Interesting that several have mentioned squealing problems with Mintex M1144.

I have been using them for several years during thousands of road miles and hundreds of track day miles and never had one squeal! (From the pads that is :d)

Not sure if it is a factor but I have AP 4 pot calipers and always use ATE plastilube brake grease rather than copper slip etc.

• Like 1

It's the track use that keeps them from squealing, they just need using.

You can bed pads in on the road - properly - within 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Yep as soon as I used the mintex 1144 on track they stopped squealing on the road. 

4 hours ago, AdamR said:

Tips on how to do this please.

There is some info on the Questmead website, which I have followed or something very similar which is 

3 light brakes from 30 to 0 mph

then 6 steady brakes from 70 to 30 mph

Forgot the last bit which is then to leave the brakes to cool for as long as possible.

That's the one Steve, I usually follow it with some full braking effort from high speed too. They need to get so hot they stink and smoke. At this point they will also stop working, so be careful! (Quiet late night dual carriageway type stuff)

• Like 2