Model Westfield

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

I presented a winter talk last night to the Stafford Group of Advanced Motorists and Riders on the building of my Westfield and also the two trips to Le Mans completed. One of their members brought along a model car he'd built. He's also built and raced the full sized version in the early 2000's. I thought others including @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO would like to see it.

Westie 1.jpg

Westie 2.jpg

Westie 3.jpg

• Like 8

I remember the real car. The detail is excellent and very like the original

6 minutes ago, John said:

I remember the real car. The detail is excellent and very like the original

Wow! That's nice to know. He was a real nice gent and very complimentary of my build.

His model is mainly aluminum, has working steering but however has been battered over the years by grandchildren playing with it!

• Like 1

I must admit, I was sure I'd seen the original car too, or one very like it. (Same custard tart graphics).

Was a great talk Ian, left us eager to go Westfielding in foreign climes again...

• Like 1

Hmm, thinking about it, I may be confusing his car with one of his two team mates - he was telling us about Matt, last night, who went to Australia. IIRC Matt used to post on here as "Custardtart".

A great model though, and Peter(?) was such an amazing character; some fantastic stories.

Looks good, mostly scratch built by the look of it. What scale is it? 

• Like 1

It looked to be around 1:12 or slightly smaller. Certainly much bigger than 1:24, 1:18 etc. It might not even be a formal/regular scale!

There's an engine modelled under that removable bonnet, and even the nose cone sort of comes off, (I didn't dare pull, despite being encouraged by Peter, so just sort of swivelled it forwards, to see the detail underneath.

4 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Sounds like a  great evening. Suppose you didnt mention coolant leaks, or you'd still be there talking :d

I didn't mention southern stalkers either else you'd be on a register :oops:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

I didn't mention southern stalkers either else you'd be on a register :oops:

Pfffft.............. you can go off people you know:d

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Pfffft.............. you can go off people you know:d

I know exactly what you mean.

That is a cracking little model and an uplifting story. Perhaps Peter? could do a talk about his Westfield years on another occasion.

6 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Westie 1.jpg

Westie 3.jpg

I remember that car as well.