2008 MX5 for sale NOW SOLD.

stephenh

We are getting rid of Mrs H.'s MX5, which some on here will know.

It has done approx. 64,500 miles from new, and has had only 2 lady owners. Mrs H has had it for the last 7 1/2 years or so.

Not quite full service history, but fairly complete. Recently had a full service, and recent MOT.

This is the "fully loaded" MX5, it came new to the previous owner with every option which was then available. So, 2.0 litre engine, 6 speed gearbox, uprated Bilstien dampers, slightly bigger wheels with low profile tyres (Khumo Sport all round with reasonable tread), heated leather seats, heated and motorised wing mirrors, removable top carpet set (makes it easy to clean inside) and last but not least it has the electric folding hard top so in approx. 12 seconds you can change from a cosy closed coupe to an open topped sportscar just by releasing a catch at the top of the screen and pressing a button on the dash.

Colour is what Mazda call copper red. There are 3 small blemishes on the paintwork, no dents but it would benefit from a couple of panels being resprayed. Mechanically it is in "A1" condition. I had the car wax oiled underneath some years ago.

I haven't time to post pictures now, but will do so later.  I am told that trade retail price would be around £5,500,  and private sale price about £4,500. I haven't time to haggle, and in the next few days the car will be traded in against another vehicle. So I'm looking for serious expression of interest in the next day or two based on a not negotiable price of £4,000, obviously subject to inspection and test by the buyer first. Otherwise the car will be traded in within the next few days.

More info'.  First, I forgot to mention that the car has electric windows, and air con./climate control, and a Bose sound system. As I said, it really is fully loaded. And everything works, electrical and mechanical, and it drives really nicely. Oh, and switchable traction control.

Now the photos:

IMGP6365.JPG

IMGP6366.JPG

IMGP6367.JPG

Next, the blemishes, a real shame as they will be more relevant to trade in valuation on a car of this age than the excellent mechanical and electrical condition which is why I'm giving the WSCC Massif the chance to buy if anyone is seriously looking for this sort of car at the moment:

IMGP6368.JPG

IMGP6369.JPG

IMGP6370.JPG

First one shows a very recent graze. The upper wing panel really needs spraying as the graze has gone down to bare metal.

Second one is an odd one, it is spotting, or more accurately pitting, in the panel which lifts when you operate the electric roof, and it covers the roof when it is lowered. It hasn't gone down to the metal, and personally I wouldn't be bothered by it, it is just a slight cosmetic issue. Likewise the last one which shows the offside upper rear wing. It has been touched up at some time, and has been like that for a long time, with no sign of it going down to the metal and no sign of rust, so personally I'd not bother with it on a car of this age, although it probably would cost a big amount to have all 3 areas sorted out professionally by an independent sprayer, after which the car would certainly look immaculate.

OK Hammie, as per our tele. con. It's got to be no later than early on Friday.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.