MX-5 (the whole car) experts?

Kingster

1 minute ago, Ben (bunje) said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that an mx5 won't fit on my trailer :cry:

I bet you a fiver it will. They're barely bigger than a Westfield. I have a titchy trailer and it fits on mine.

My westfield tyres rubbed in sides of the trailer:cry:  could you do me a favour and when your next near your ****ter could you measure outside of tyre to tyre please. Wikipedia says 1670 wide my trailer is only 1650

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that an mx5 won't fit on my trailer :cry:

I've got one for sale that fits MX5s perfectly :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Mk1 imports are hard to come by cheap by the looks of it. Gone up in price since I got mine for the westfield 

You are looking for the wrong ones. Anything half nice worth keeping will cost you easily 2.5k with the current prices... despite i gave up mines for free the past summer. (Starting to regret it quite a lot now)

Something worth to thrash around on track not being worried at all for it, still shouldn't cost over a grand.

Check facebook groups, there is at least 5 of them with huge activity... if you are not fussed about an imaculated car to use as a daily runner, you will find cheap, no problem.

• Like 1

@Ben (bunje) just a bit of patience on eBay, there are plenty of cars that come up for less than £800, an MOT failure should be around £300 - £600. Took about a month to find ours. 

For example

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233126506795

With a nearest offer, it'd be worth offering £700 and see how you go, more than enough bits on there to make a decent chunk of your money back. Style bar and interior can all be sold for decent £££, certainly enough to fund some bucket seats and away you go.

10 hours ago, BCF said:

For example

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233126506795

With a nearest offer, it'd be worth offering £700 and see how you go, more than enough bits on there to make a decent chunk of your money back. Style bar and interior can all be sold for decent £££, certainly enough to fund some bucket seats and away you go.

i had seen that one to be fair. ill be paitent lol

Just try not to be too picky - the less you care about the car, the more fun it becomes! 

Import Eunos are reported to all come with an LSD, that's one of the key reasons they're recommended, but ours is an Eunos and didn't have an LSD. It does make a huge difference to drive out of corners so well worth having, if you can't find one with an LSD already in, they can be bought cheaply off eBay or via the Facebook groups- we picked up a 4.1 torsen LSD with prop and drive shafts for £300!

• Like 1

Completely agree don't be too picky. Just get something and spank it.

I'd say that the LSD doesn't really matter too much. My track hack has an open diff yet still does this:

Possibly useless information for you but the facelifted Mk2.5 (around 2000 year) Mine was a Y plate

They had an issue with Serious clutch judder on pulling away. Apparantly the clutch they used for the first year was from a transit van, Most have been changed by now I guess mie hadn't so you needed a few more revs than expected. to pull away cleanly.

Water channels can be cleared with a long range bottle brush Ebay-Amazon)

Hoods can be changed by yourself I managed to do mine without too much bother, (but best to do it in the summer when the material is more flexible)

Good luck they are nice cars