Westfield Carbon Exhaust

Weekend Warrior

13 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

JP Exhausts made me a new link pipe for my new silencer . Just need to measure up what you want, quick doodle and wait for it to arrive.

Thanks Mr  Thrusty , (is it Justin)

By measure up do you mean ,length required diameter and wall thickness ?

thanks 

Steve 

5 minutes ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

Or just get an extension piece to your current setup for cheapness.

Thats sort of what they did for me. Then I got a local guy who built hot rods to tig it to the silencer , so I then just have one clamp near the collector, Think it was ( a few years ago thought) about £80 ish , but that was including cutting and welding. This should just need a swaged end and sleeve straight, potentially.

16 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Thanks Mr  Thrusty , (is it Justin)

By measure up do you mean ,length required diameter and wall thickness ?

thanks 

Steve 

Basically Steve. You know the silencer size at 2 1/2 inch. Then the length to join the manifold. This will probably need this end swaged to slip the manifold into it and clamp etc. Difficult to see from the photos of angles etc.

• Thanks 1

I used these guy the other day on èbay. exhaust--uk search "   Any Size Universal Exhaust Pipe Adapter Reducer Joiner Weld On Extender" they will make a short adapter made to measure. Using a vernier I measured the internal diameter I.D on one end and the outside diameter O.D.  of the other, paid and added the dimensions in the notes and 2 days later it arrived. I would go OD of the original manifold to ID of the carbon can. All for £6. It fitted really well. 

I had to cut back the original manifold pipe as mine was the other way round. Longer can than the original but this is 150mm long so may be enough to push the carbon can back to pick up the original mounting point. 

s-l300.jpg

• Like 4