Old Ford coming up for sale..

Andrew

1 hour ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Nah! It's been well thrashed! :p

As was mine!  My old 1200cc model couldn't take it though.. rattle rattle rattle said the big ends.. :laugh:

passed my test in one in 1965

My uncle had a mK1 Lotos Cortina in the early 70’s when nobody knew what they were I guess. No idea what happened to it but he was a bit of a wide boy!

I had a MK2 Lotus Cortina and to be honest a VW caddy would see it off now but at the time they were very quick road cars if a bit fragile.

I've still got one of the pistons from my MK1 GT it was bored out to 85mm making 1650cc, that was the thing to do back then, it had all of 100bhp, and I thought it was the dogs goolies, lol.

It's all relative. I was driving a 948cc Standard Ten when my neighbour had 1600cc Cortina which he let me drive. It was like a dream of sheer acceleration and power! Don't know the figures for the Ford but my Standard was about 34bhp so another ten or fifteen bhp was a quantum leap.

• Like 1