A question for any electricians in the house!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Holes big enough for squirrels = holes big enough for pigeons, magpies, crows or any reasonably large Raptor. Maybe they have been pecking at it and one of them got it right :devil: 

You had early visit from Farther Chrismas? Don't know why he would be in the loft, maybe stashing presents for you?

He does wear them big boots, could have stepped on the switch by accedent. Check for footprints or boxes of car parts.

1 hour ago, RussH said:

What’s the motive?

That’s the only thing convincing me it’s not human intervention. If you’d got that far, (for thievery purposses), you could have already helped yourself to other stuff far more easily.

Safe and sound on the settee. He’s an indoor cat, so not him, as he doesn’t know where the ladders kept ;) 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, bigals said:

Have you checked the inside of the switch for any signs of shorting ? Or a dead mouse ? 

Good point, no I haven’t. I’ll have to get the bigger ladders out and climb up there over the weekend for a proper look.

• Like 1

Had stuffed it away in the far corner of my mind, behind a couple of boxes and an old cushion or two. Forgot completely to go up and have a look till looking at the thread just now.

I

t’s not overly damp up there, but the weather was cold and slightly damp, and there are air grills on both long sides of the roof to allow air to circulate, so damp cold air outside, means (eventually), damp cold air inside the loft space.

You should ban that bear grills fella from yer loft , up to no good ill be bound :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Damn... I've been Found. Sorry Dave, I won't do it again...

I teletransported myself to daves loft, with the intention of switching off the alarm from that socket (I failed) and then clean the house of electronic goodies and and garage stuff... planning to go back home driving the Mega S2000 with the wrong front wings...

When I was investigating why the alarm was still on after switching that socket off... I saw an squirrel, with a few more squirrels on its back, dancing some sort of evil dance that scared the hell out of me, and decieded that wasn't worth the trouble... so I teletransported myself back to Crewe.

Hope this clarifies all. Dave's house is not haunted. buy with confidence.

:p:p

• Haha 4

Ah thank goodness,  :d

You’re only jealous of my wings. :p

4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Ah thank goodness,  :d

You’re only jealous of my wings. :p

No, Seriously, they are wrong.

I wouldn't mind the car anyway...

• Haha 1