Yes..........that time of year........Westie Presents

Thrustyjust

It is the time of year , with Black ( probably pointless) Friday coming up and as usual, there is nothing I can see for my car to buy , currently.But I have bought a new Mugen carbon gear knob, with a black band on it rather than the usual blue band , which when I mentioned the CF word to the latest wife, rolls her eyes :d It is easier if I buy it, hand it over and let her not have to go shopping and buy me a gopping jumper as usual.

So, bought one of these too , which didnt look too C*******m 

eBay item number:

Waiting on @carbon-nv sale after xmas for the CF wing mirror covers. ;)

Hanging fire on tyres for Friday at the moment to see if Black Friday is pointless or promising. That also includes the new garage flooring, which is also waiting..

Anyone else seen anything interesting to share with others ?

My new tyres (Yokohama AD08R) are an early Christmas present from my financial controller.

WF shirts and hat will be from the grandchildren.

Just now, AdgeC said:

My new tyres (Yokohama AD08R) are an early Christmas present from my financial controller.

WF shirts and hat will be from the grandchildren.

Let me know , maybe pm what you paid for them Adge. I suspect its what I will be getting. :d

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Quite comedy this as actually no difference in price for tyres from before Black Friday, as was waiting to see. Free delivery on tyres was offered before as well.

It's a right load of pish this black Friday nonsense. Typical let's copy the Americans. However they actually do get sale prices over there.  All we get is an email inbox full of 'special offers' that aren't even remotely special!!

Well apart from westfield in this instance who do have a healthy discount running:yes:

I agree, Black Friday is a total wast of time in my book, and as TJ says just an excuse to peddle the same stuff at the same price.

I did order a part from WF today, so it is a genuine sale, which saved me a few quid :westy:

Spoke to Demon Tweeks today and say would they price match another seller of the tyres I wanted ? They said no, they only make £3.50 a tyre . I was surprised in that one. So, didn't buy them. Price difference is nearly £30 , so almost fitted free...........in a way...........

Were your new tyres 205/50/R15 size/what make and number?  Also who was the other supplier and at what total cost for the 4 tyres?

Regarding Black Friday I got 4 ltrs Castrol Edge oil for tintop at £26 + £4.25 oil filter on 23 Nov 2018 from ECP and their 50% discount code applied from 23rd to 25th close of business, but has now expired.

Noticed Halfords had 30% of all Mobil oils on Black Friday and that offer is still on.

1 hour ago, DonPeffers said:

Were your new tyres 205/50/R15 size/what make and number?  Also who was the other supplier and at what total cost for the 4 tyres?

Regarding Black Friday I got 4 ltrs Castrol Edge oil for tintop at £26 + £4.25 oil filter on 23 Nov 2018 from ECP and their 50% discount code applied from 23rd to 25th close of business, but has now expired.

Noticed Halfords had 30% of all Mobil oils on Black Friday and that offer is still on.

Tyres were £85 from the other supplier including delivery and good feedback on the bay. Yes, they are 205 50 15's Don. They are AD08r's

eBay item number:

Tweeks wanted £93 each IIRC and initially wanted to charge postage , even though on ebay they don't charge. Thought by going direct and avoiding the bay , there might be leeway on the phone to them. They said the guys must have imported them rather than got them from Yokohama UK. Adge bought the same tyres and got them supplied and fitted for a similar price as I could get them from Hi Q. So, I didn't buy them yet and will sort them later in the weekend, as I have home breakages to resolve as a priority first now.

eBay item number:

I guess if you don't ask ........ Waits for @Steve (sdh2903) too arrive with a blinding cheap deal :d But it will mean free fitting if I could get them at £85, in a way, so will probably do that in the end.
Just cant believe the £3.50 a tyre margin !
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1