Fuel filler cap

SimonUK

Have lost the fuel filler cap for my Westy. It is the aero style and the surround measures 120mm in diameter.

Does anyone have one going spare?

Cheers,

Simon

I'm not sure if it's the standard type. I think it may be slightly bigger?

I only need the cap and not the whole assembly. 

filler.jpg

@Ali and Gail had this problem last year and could probably help you out with a supplier.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

@SimonUK. What's the diameter of the filler cap opening?

The diameter of the cap opening is 80cm.

3 hours ago, SimonUK said:

The diameter of the cap opening is 80cm.

That's larger than mine, mines the Aero 300 which is what Westfield supply. I used a motorbike one to replace mine as the neck is only 57mm. Yours is similar to the Newton engineering Aero 400. The neck diameter should be around 76.5mm.

https://www.newton-equipment.com/aero-400-filler-cap-model-A48S.html

I checked were in got mine from and they don't do one that size, it's a case of hunting the internet.

Some one will make one, good luck.

If yours is a Newton supplies cap, they're very good when it comes to supplying spares, or even, indeed, spare keys. They're not the cheapest of companies though, so it may we'll be possible to get a complete eBay special filler cap for just what a replacement cap but on its own would cost from Newton. 

I enquired with Newton for just a replacement cap and was quoted over £90 :o, eventually found a new one for £25 on eBay.

@Ali and Gail my fuel cap had a trip down a road in France and now looks past its best I believe mine is a aero 300 so could you please let me know where you go your replacement from.

Matthew

Here's the link for you @matthew902, it's a bit more polished than the Newton one but for the money I'm happy. @Brad Stone also got one when he lost his and he's been happy with.

They also do a lockable one if you prefer, it's about £5 more.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F261652573578

Hope this helps :)

Hi @matthew902,

It's a really great bit of kit, I looked in the Westfield site originally and didn't want to pay that price, the one above fits a treat. 

As Ali said, they do a Lockable version but if someone wants to go to lengths of stealing £20 of fuel then so be it. 

Quick delivery too. 

Cheers, 

B

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.