Horrific F3 accident at Macau

Captain Colonial

If you watch the second video from a different angle to get out of that with just injuries is a miracle. I would guess some sort of mechanical failure as she went into that at full chat.

We can all moan about some of the decisions made for safety but when you see that, you can see they work

• Thanks 1

She has a spinal fracture was the report I saw, but no indication of the severity. Mild, I hope, obviously. Upper part or neck I imagine because it looked as if the car was cockpit towards the photographers' cabin when it struck.

She seems to be awake and in good spirits, on social media saying she's  fine and having surgery tomorrow. Lucky girl. 

Fingers crossed that she fully recovers. It did seem that the car was at full speed approaching the corner so something may well have gone wrong on the car 

Wow, that is unbelievable, not the type of accident you expect to see at a circuit like Macau, or anywhere really.  Incredible that no one is dead.  

Hope all recover OK from it.

Quite a shock accident, but there seems to be a lot of straight on skids on the corner on the ground before the incident, so whether or not everyone is pushing the speed and late braking caused her to somehow fly back wards , I have no idea. It also shows that the fencing was not sturdy for protection, which actually worked in her favour by bending and absorbing her speed and slowing her down before she hit the building behind. A very lucky girl to be as well as she is. As said, hopefully make a speedy recovery from it .

In another video clip I have seen the start of the problem was she attempted an overtake on the inside approaching the corner but touched the other car and lost her rear wheel which presumably snapped the brake hose 

• 3 months later...