Team_Awesome

Turbo Mazda SDV

56 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Glad to hear your making progress on the catches, I spent a long time thinking of how I could get the best fit but also went a bit red in the progress :westy:

I like to do a decent job and it's frustrating that my skills don't match my expectations when it come to working with the fibreglass. I need to tidy it up once finished. Bit of fibreglass here, bit of gel coat there. At least after the IVA I can take my time with it.

Thanks for the tip with the cut-off wheel. It was quicker and left a better finish.

Today was the day to get the aerocatches bonded to the bonnet. A few double checks and here we are

46192259535_fc80f3d30d_k.jpg

I bonded a test piece using offcuts to strength test tomorrow. Fingers crossed as always but I think it'll be fine.

Apart from that I've been tidying the front suspension area for the IVA. Can anyone see issues here?

Steering straight:

46192259395_1a67409da5_k.jpg

Full lock

46192259135_52587f2d5f_k.jpg

46192258665_3502f34b94_k.jpg

46192258915_9bb5914d9a_k.jpg

There's nothing touching or binding and I've tried to tie things away so they can't swing into the suspension.

the wiring (under the bonnet, too), on the off side could do with being a bit better supported and tied in - it's possible to route it almost entirely hugging the wishbone, without huge loops being needed a he ends to take up the movement.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll try to sort that tomorrow if it can fit without slack.

Under the bonnet isn't so bad close up but I do have plans to tidy it.