Extreme VR2 1B tyres

SimonRad

Just wondering if anybody else had considered these for the road going classes next year.

I’ve been emailing the chap who supplies them, he already stocks 185 60 13 but is hoping to get some 205 60 13 made for March, but it depends on how much interest he gets. 

It seems the first bigger sized ones will be on old casings, so he is looking for casings and asking for deposits, I’m just unsure if I want to part with any cash and still have no tyres in March.

Simon 

Yes, they are in list 1B

Some people have been using them in other classes, I’ve spoken to a few at events and they all say they are good, Richard Brant in his Clio has set new PB’s everywhere, Dave west in his Peugeot says they are as good as the soft Avon zzr and definitely better than R888’s

Dan Hollis has tried 185 60 13 front and back on his Caterham and also said they are better than R888’s