Daughter to Father Talk................

Thrustyjust

Her: Dad , since I am 25 today

Me: Yes, Happy Birthday

Her: Does that mean I can be insured on the Westie now ?

Me : Er.............................. ummmm............... I..................pfffft................. no, because you dont live at the same address anymore :o

I walk away , thinking its a crap excuse, but gives me a chance to think about it...............:d

• Haha 5

I'm sure Carlie will give you a nice 4 figure sum to put you off :d

I'm in the same boat only the lad is 18. He thinks he's a pro now as hes just got his 1st years ncb. He's desperate to get a go when it's on the road. I'd like to get him into the westy experience, just maybe not mine:d

I've told him to go away and come back with some RWD experience.

• Haha 2

Trackday will be kill or cure. It will either scare them to death or they will want more!

36 minutes ago, terry everall said:

Trackday will be kill or cure. It will either scare them to death or they will want more!

And you'll usually find they will lap faster than you as they've got no sense of fear!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terry everall said:

Her mother is nick named Lead Foot........................ I think I already know the answer with a track day. Have considered Abingdon and also 'may' have mentioned to Carlie about it last week . God help me and my bank balance :oops:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I'm in the same boat only the lad is 18. He thinks he's a pro now as hes just got his 1st years ncb. He's desperate to get a go when it's on the road. I'd like to get him into the westy experience, just maybe not mine:d

I've told him to go away and come back with some RWD experience.

The rwd experience is vital. My first Westfield lasted about twenty minutes in my son's hands before it was ready to be flat-bedded off to the scrap yard in 2003. :( He blamed a wet patch on the exit from the roundabout and the LSD... 

ef2mxXx.jpg

He knows better now with 340bhp under his right foot in his own P&J but that is fifteen years later.

I treated the missus to a day at London Rally School just after I finished building her Westfield as she'd only ever driven gutless FWD cars up to that point. I think it helped, and she had a great day out too.

Insurance aside a any number of BMW's are cheap enough for rwd with the 6 cylinder engine. Only issue is I think it would bolster the "I'm a pro" thoughts with the trackion control etc. I'm not convinced there is a huge difference between the Z and westy until I have told return home for a change of pants at the end of the rd.

Instead if a track how about just letting them have a go somewhere safe with wider roads. Somewhere like an industrial estate where they can't really get any speed up but can boot it in relative safety

49 minutes ago, dombanks said:

Insurance aside a any number of BMW's are cheap enough for rwd with the 6 cylinder engine. Only issue is I think it would bolster the "I'm a pro" thoughts with the trackion control etc. I'm not convinced there is a huge difference between the Z and westy until I have told return home for a change of pants at the end of the rd.

Instead if a track how about just letting them have a go somewhere safe with wider roads. Somewhere like an industrial estate where they can't really get any speed up but can boot it in relative safety

The best money we ever spent was the whole family ( well not mini TJ as was 12 at the time) we went to Castle Coombe skid pan school and had a great day of tuition for us all including Ms TJ. I actually have no issues with her driving the car. She is a very capable driver and used to commute to Plymouth once a week for her last year at Uni there , whatever the weather. So, its potentially down to Carlie to perhaps give me a cost perhaps when the weather is more pleasant ( although was  a fab drive out in the Autumn trees this afternoon) to let her have a drive. Personally , I big open space to experience a car is better than a slippery potholed road

. I did an experience day at Rockingham and went out in an Elise. I wanted to see how far I could push the car before it let go ..................................so the one in the garage at home, I knew its limits . Much to the amusement of the other instructors wondering who had spun :d

10 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

He knows better now with 340bhp under his right foot in his own P&J but that is fifteen years later.

What’s a P&J?

13 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

What’s a P&J?

This is his P&J (or one of them - the other is still here) being collected for export last month currently bobbing about off NSW in a container ship on its way to his current abode in Sydney.

zgiVS0q.jpg

fcdGs2V.jpg

• Like 1