Stuff to watch over the winter.

Thrustyjust

You have to be a Land Rover nut, but the North coast 500 in a day is impressive (In series 1 land rovers!)

I struggle to do just 300 a day in mine...

If you like that one - have a look at his Monte Carlo or bust vids (even if only for the soundtrack).

• Like 1

I did a Land Rover experience years ago in an old quarry. From Range Rover to series 1. The series 1 made the course in style, whilst others struggled, it can’t have just have been down to the thin tyres can it? It definitely wasn’t my off road driving skills.

20 minutes ago, Alan France, Route66 - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

I did a Land Rover experience years ago in an old quarry. From Range Rover to series 1. The series 1 made the course in style, whilst others struggled, it can’t have just have been down to the thin tyres can it? It definitely wasn’t my off road driving skills.

I did Gatescarth pass (one of the most extreme byways in the lakes)  last weekend in my series 1 - very very rough, but made it OK. The fact that S1's only weigh 1.25 Ton as opposed to the modern heavyweights certainly helps. Picture is from last Saturday on the very tame descent!

Nicks picture.jpg

• Like 5

On YouTube there is a new car restoration series restoring an E-type jag called 'A car built by many'. Ed China is also involved in it. Early days yet but it looks like it could be very good.

17 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

I really enjoyed this. ^^^

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pridCD8Ps&list=PLRZC7vLm2HSHS66V5foDRugJSRIUGKZIo

Good winter feelgood watching, and stunning scenery. Quite inspirational. 

Thrusty what a great idea. Some good stuff already. Looking forward to watching more. 

3 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I've got 20 episodes of binky to catch up with yet!

Slacker :d

See if you can see where they are going. The speed is off the scale