Readying the Garage

Ruttager

So my free membership thing ran out, then Christmas, then new year and now I'm back and I've signed up as a member.

I did the garage floor as you can see in the pics. It's a remarkable difference albeit an expensive one. The tiles are easy to fit especially if you have a table saw to hand. I did manage to cut my finger trimming a tile with a Stanley knife which has damaged the nerve. bl**** annoying and that little cut is probably going to need some attention this year if it doesn't get better on its own (says the doc). Garage declutter is still ongoing. 

I'm on the lookout for Westfield now. A 2l Zetec seems to be the sweet spot for me. 

IMG_20181130_184536.jpg

IMG_20181228_154853.jpg

IMG_20181228_154842.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_mcp said:

Lovely bike. What's your budget?

Thanks, it was a purchase very much from the heart several years ago and I still love it. 

Just seen yours. For some reason I thought it had sold. I'll pm you. 

For the price of plastic you could have laid a job lot of porcelain tiles. Firstly sealing the concret floor with SBR sealer, don't use pva as any dampness coming up through the concret just makes it pointless. SBR is a latex sealer and it waterproof.

Painting floor over time will come up, starts by sticking to the tires first and just down hill from there. Don't care what paint you use, it's naff stuff long term.

Just to point out how many car show rooms have paint or plastic tiles down? 

Post seems to be a bit pointless seeing you have nearly finished but might help someone in the future.

Note: Yes I have porcelain tiles and have used  jacks, build stands and all manor of heavyweight items on the tiles with no breakage. I do however use soft foam tiles around the cars in winter for keeping my feet warm.

Good luck with the build.

I like my new plastic tiles and they take up the mis finished garage concrete floor. They also are warmer/ Ok to  to kneel on than ceramic tiles. If I ever move house, I can take them with me. They took me under 4 hrs to do a double garage. I can easily replace one if it gets damaged in under a minute. They arent slippy when they get wet. So, there are pro's and cons with all floors Terry. 

5 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

I like my new plastic tiles and they take up the mis finished garage concrete floor. They also are warmer/ Ok to  to kneel on than ceramic tiles. If I ever move house, I can take them with me. They took me under 4 hrs to do a double garage. I can easily replace one if it gets damaged in under a minute. They arent slippy when they get wet. So, there are pro's and cons with all floors Terry. 

Pretty much this. If I move house those tiles come with. It was expensive when you think of them as plastic tiles but I've no regrets getting them. 

Plastic tiles are more forgiving should you drop anything on them. Looks nice :yes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terryathome said:

Looks like someone's thrown me granny's bed quite on the floor lol :getmecoat:

A big quilt indeed. 

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

What an awesome garage you have Terry :d Wish I had chairs like that in mine ;)

Wife keeps asking when am I moving in.