Hello from France !

Vicleb76

Hi everyone, 

I think, I have to introduce myself here. Let's go !

My name is Victor, I live in Normandy, and I'm 20. I'm fascinated by cars since I've six years old and especially by english cars. I grew up with a classic mini, and some classic roadsters. Since I have my driving licence, I wish owning a "replica" of the old lotus seven and after many research I'm sure that a Westfield would be the perfect choice. However, it's hard to find a Westfield in France and in order to be immatriculate the car have to be 30 years old. Fortunately, your community seems to be very active and I will be very happy to join WSCC and maybee you will be able to help me to find my dream car.

• Like 2

Welcome to the club. Not sure on a car needing to be 30 years to register in France. You could 'possibly' have a modern car on a non Q plate , which could possibly be re-registered , I am guessing, unless someone knows different. I had a Lotus Elise, which now lives in the South of France and was taken down there and re-registered .

Welcome @Vicleb76 Such a shame to read it has to be over 30 years old! Is there no way around this? How is this one registered: https://roadracingcenter.com/portfolio-item/westfield-fw300-st1-british-racing-green/?

You've got some great quiet roads that I've enjoyed on two trips to Le Mans in the last two years.

Good luck with your search.

Thank you for your answers ! Well, in France we can register only the FW300 (too expensive for me) which was "officially" sold by "Westfield France". However, "Westfield France" refuse to give any certificate of conformity for the other Westfield cars. The only way to register a Westfield is to own a 30 years old car and register this one as a classic car.

4 hours ago, Vicleb76 said:

Thank you for your answers ! Well, in France we can register only the FW300 (too expensive for me) which was "officially" sold by "Westfield France". However, "Westfield France" refuse to give any certificate of conformity for the other Westfield cars. The only way to register a Westfield is to own a 30 years old car and register this one as a classic car.

Welcome to the club, that's really disappointing but c'est la vie

Welcome and can I congratulate you on your choice of British cars and your first post in pretty good English!

Good luck with the hunt and looks like you are 'stuck' with the older classic, possibly with a crossflow which in my opinion, is truer to the original mark too......flame suit on lol....

Martin.

Why not buy a 2CV.

Good enough for Monkey Harris...!

• Like 1