RH Blacktop Zetec Engine Mount

griffith500user

Currently converting my Silvertop Zetec to a Blacktop and am in need of a RH blacktop engine mount. Westfield have them on back order unfortunately and I’m keen to get the new engine in the car, so anything considered.

• 7 months later...

On 03/11/2018 at 10:50, griffith500user said:

In the final stages of prep to swap the engines between silver and blacktop in my car, I left ordering the RH engine mount from Westfield until the final moment. They’re out of stock with no real idea of when they will become available, great!

looking at alternatives:

a). Fabricate my own

b). Look at other suppliers if any?

Google searching I found that it looks like a Tiger kit car RH mount for a Zetec might put it somewhere in the right place, and the suggestions are that with a bit of spacing it could work? Other alternatives include the Raceline mount, but I couldn’t get in touch with them this morning to find out any information. 

Does anyone have any experience of an alternative mount? In the meantime I have ordered a Tiger Mount and will see what it looks like when I offer it up.

Shame that Westfield themselves are having parts supply issues. I hadn’t realised until I spoke to them that most of their fabricated parts are sub’d out now.

I also need this, with the addition its for a narrowbody.

Westfield are currently showing the mounts as 3-4 weeks lead, which is obviously a non-stock holding lead time which is perhaps fair enough given what I expect the turnover is on them.

996624431_enginemounts.PNG.e057ab923fe942d5ad8281992f8c21e3.PNG

Paul (toyne/zetec-cat) has the measurements for the engine side mounting plate. MK also list mounts, links below.

http://toyne.org.uk/docs-mount.html

http://www.mksportscars.com/parts/chassis/ford-zetec-engine-mounts-pair.html

Daniel 

So yes, in summary, anyone got a RHS (inlet side) blacktop mount going? And or willing to take some measurements for me?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.