What hope for Brexit negotiations?

DonPeffers

2 hours ago, Alan France, Route66 - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

Here’s my suggestion.

Mrs May stops being called to the EU at short notice.

Write this message.

Dispite our efforts, and our close friendship, we feel at present we are unable to reach an acceptable relationship. With regret we therefore intend to leave without a deal in March 2019. If the EU have any further ideas or suggestions they are welcome to visit the UK to discuss them. As always we look forward to a continuing friendship with the people of Europe and confirm that those EU members who currently live here are welcome to stay.

Goodbye.

:yes:

Took a booze cruise to Calais yesterday, lovely day, nice French meal, friendly locals. Came back with 88 litres of wine for £250.74, and free P&O return. Of course at that price it's only the good stuff. Still want to leave the EU though!

• Haha 1

I really try not to say much on Brexit as others have said its so divisive, this is worth a watch you can see the embarrassment on the people its aimed at, there seems to be a lot of sense spoken in my humble opinion and its a real shame that article 50 does not clearly lay out how to truly exit rather than open negotiations. Its a sad inditement to the EU, it should not be frightened of countries exiting and joining if it truly is to the benefit of all. I'm not saying it is or isn't.

I do agree any negotiations if given timelines goes down to the wire and I hope that sense prevails

• Like 2

Agree with how divisive it is. We campaigned with Steve Baker, our MP, and whilst most dialogue was reasonable we got a lot of verbal abuse but had few debates on facts. I understand many disagree with my views,  I’ve said my bit, so I’ll shut up.

2nd November 2018   https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7639377/david-cameron-return-politics-foreign-secretary-bored/

CAM AGAIN.

David Cameron tells friends he is planning a return to frontline politics as next Foreign Secretary because he’s ‘bored s***less’.

No Brexit worries if Dave returns?!

• Like 1

This is the man who stated that he would lead the country no matter what the result of the Brexit referendum, then resigns very shortly after the result went the wrong way for him.

I wonder if he's bored because when he applies for a job, they remember he has a tendency to not see things through despite commitments to the contrary. I wouldn't employ him either...

• Like 6

Firm believer for getting out ASAP 

The EU without Britain will be in a much deeper hole than we will , after all the talk we should TM should now be appointing someone to wave 2 fingers at the Euroclods  

The ones who are doing there best to keep us in the EU are the same ones who stand to lose the most if we leave .

The B word is banned from my home.  Absolutely sick to death of it.  Can’t wait for it to be over.  It’s like starting a fire in between two houses and watching the forecast to see if the wind changes direction, which house the fire eventually burns down (or both), or if rain puts out the fire, while the two home owners argue over who started it.  GET ON WITH IT. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

14 Nov 2018 

So  the UK’s status as a non-voting member of EU in transition can be extended possibly to 31 Dec 2099.

I've heard of politicians kicking the can down the road, but this is EPIC.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/17/theresa-may-says-husband-was-her-rock-as-brexit-deal-fell-into-chaos-8149435/

But after a stressful day, Philip cooked up something many people might not have expected her to tuck into – beans on toast.

She told the Daily Mail: ‘On Thursday, he served up beans on toast for tea. I opened the tin! He made the toast – and did the washing up!’ 

So the (political) can kicked down the road was a baked bean can.

Mmmm---beans on toast; surely a clear sign austerity is well and truly over.

As much as I have an automatic dislike to most politicians, I actually have a glimmer of empathy for Mrs May. Let's face it she's screwed no matter what happens. Which ever way it goes. And that must be very demoralising for any human being.

I fail to see the point in negotiating with an entity whose response is always "No! Now what did you propose?" Their sole object is to be as obstructive as possible with the (vain?) hope that Britain will grow tired and capitulate. Were we to do that, then the terms on which we would be re-admitted would not be those we have had before the referendum - it has already been said that what little remains of our rebate would be forfeit just to start. A united Europe is a Good Idea - just not as it was evolving and becoming a German dominated clique.

Far from the leave voters realising what liars the Brexiteers were in the campaign for the vote (they were but so were the Remainers), but they have surely seen was a duplicitous and hostile group from which we wish to be released. All the threats of instant doom uttered by Cameron, Osborne, et al, have failed to materialise, and the younger voters, if they were to learn from history, should have realised that Britain was pretty damn prosperous before the EEC, EU, Common Market, et cetera, and can be so again. It's a shame that the more responsible sections of the media don't highlight Brussels' shortcoming with the same zeal with which they try to wear down Britain with phrases like "cliff edge" and "crash out". It's not a hard Brexit, but a clean Brexit most voters expected for whatever reasons they voted 'OUT'. 

:getmecoat:

• Like 2