Latest Retropower Gordon Murray Is Up.

Thrustyjust

Thought I was the only one watching this. 

23 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Thought I was the only one watching this. 

Was an interesting episode at Nitron shocks and at last seeing a painted shell !!

I would love to know how much this has cost. That paint job alone must be £3-4K in labour alone. It does show there are still places where quality can be had.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sad to say, I find these a bit too ‘over-produced’. Way too much moody chat and not enough actual fabrication being shown for my taste. I’ll still watch it though :)

I like it and I think that they have to show just how much thought goes into producing something like this. The proof will be what it goes like and handles after all the effort to get it just right.

The paint finish is already fantastic and they still aren't finished with it.

I guess Nitron and Cosworth have given goods free for the publicity but I loved love to know how much this has cost at the end of this,

Whatever their workmanship is world class and as we can see they are stacked out with work

5 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

love to know how much this has cost at the end of this,

This is what I always think after watching Car S.O.S. Who actually pays for the car.?

Car SOS has a budget per car within the production company etc. I would guess that certain amounts of GM car is via sponsorship in being used in car made for Gordon would be more than enough advertising to to the costs back. There is no perfect production, but we are spanner monkeys as it has to appeal to a wider audience that us rabble :d

I suspect that Gordon can afford to fund the car himself.... And Retro Power will just eat up the video costs for publicity.

Loved the washer bottle solution, fantastic bit of engineering / over engineering, especially the pipe within a pipe for the air bleed.