Julie's Battle of the Odo's 2018

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

This competition is back for another year and if you need an excuse to drive your Westfield, here is one. The MOT certificate records an odometer reading.  This competition is looking for who has the biggest difference between their Westfield’s 2017 and 2018 MOT certificate odometer reading. In my opinion getting the ‘Westfield’ miles in makes you a winner anyway. The prize for first place is £50 worth of vouchers to spend at the Westfield Factory Parts Department. Second and third place will get you £10 and £5 respectively off your membership renewal in WSCC for next year. What are you waiting for? Get driving.

THE BORING BITS

• The mileage must be in a Westfield.

• The competition is open to WSCC members only, not the Committee or Area Organisers.

• The closing date is midnight 10th November 2018.
• Submit entries to peak@wscc.co.uk with a copy of your MOT certificate attached.

• The judge’s decision is final.

• You must agree to your entry being published in Westfield World magazine and online in the WSCC forum.

• Prize must be redeemed within 12 months, is non-transferable and no substitute prize or cash equivalent will be offered.

• If you have won first place in this competition before you cannot enter it again.

• Like 2

• Kingster pinned this topic
16 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Julie, what if you dont have an MOT ? :d

Worst "I've got a new car" post ever!

• Haha 3

dont even ask Julie :getmecoat:

Yes bit of Apartheid for us new builders!

I am glad committee members are not allowed, as I remember a post by a very senior member “clocking “there mileage with a power drill!

Shall I get my coat?

• Sad 1

It’s difficult with competitions like this. An official way to corroborate the mileage is required and MOT to MOT is the most straightforward  way of doing that. (Bearing in mind that prizes are donated by those outside the WSCC.)

No slur intended, but (what I hope at least are) humorous comments like the one proceeding this,  show why it would be difficult for a club official to take on any kind of inspection role, as occasionally gets suggested.

The other thing to remember, is that this started as a bit of fun organised and run entirely by one AO. So if you have an idea that could be run for those with newer cars, and are up for running it, do forward your suggestion on to your AO, or the committee directly and we’ll look in to it - we love new ideas!

• Like 1

Humm.... I don't think I'm really in with a chance given my current milage.

329 miles in the last 4 years....... 88 of which would have been driven taking it to the MoT station and back

I need to get out of the garage more :oops: 

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

I've just submitted my MOT certificate - one of my fears about buying a Westie was that it would just sit in the garage collecting MOT certificates with very small mileage increments. Perhaps it's the "new-ness" of the Westie experience, and maybe it's the draw of some rather entertaining runs over the Peak District, but I seem to have done rather more miles than I thought I would...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thank you @NigelO for your submission. I know this competition is about having the highest mileage, but that is just the winning bit, it's the taking part that is the important bit. I thought we could all have a giggle about how disgracefully low some of the mileages are, just for a laugh and a bit of light hearted fun. Life is all serious and it's nice sometimes to come onto this forum and absorb yourself in your love of cars and forget everything else. Credit here definitely goes to @Mark (smokey mow), that's the spirit, hopefully you will encourage others to get posting and you never know, you might even win a cabbage! 

• Like 2

On 03/11/2018 at 22:18, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Humm.... I don't think I'm really in with a chance given my current milage.

329 miles in the last 4 years....... 88 of which would have been driven taking it to the MoT station and back

I need to get out of the garage more :oops: 

image.jpeg

There is a victory of sorts there...

To be fair, 329 isn't too bad. My car did a total of 89 miles in the three years before I prised it out of the hands of its previous owner. He drove to Le Mans in it in 2015 and after that, it was mostly the annual trip to the MOT station

Last call, this closes at midnight tonight. £50 Westfield Parts Dept voucher up for grabs, attainable with a much lower mileage than previous years.

Oh I love a good competition, the winning value has been hovering just below the 4000 mile mark for a while and then at the last minute it got beaten, very entertaining.

The winner is @MattV with 5461 miles.

Second place is @matthew902 with 3802 miles.

Third place is @AndrewBClarke with 3359 miles.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone for taking part

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Captain Colonial unpinned this topic