EBC brake pads

AndrewBClarke

Thanks Barny. I have some more impressive stuff to show...

A set of greens nearly killed me in the alps with an MX5 Mk2 when one of the friction materials decided to divorce from the metal base on the front pads....

Another one:

Seat Leon Mk1. Only road and spirited driving usage... 2 weekends out, then see the result: (see pictures)

Needed 2 new Seat sport brembo calipers as the yellow bit melted over the pistons and slided trough the seals. I was driving that weekend. 811117048_6655.jpg.3f584634c3a09ed22ec6ca800981eff1.jpg 

811117354_6701.jpg

811116763_6829.jpg

811130545_144162.jpg

And my favourite. Civic... 900 kg, EBC Orange, 3 laps in a very short track at 12 degrees ambient...

wiaki.gif.562eebd27161be0247cb3d149ad32cf0.gif

Definitely, they should be banned from used, either on road or track.

2 hours ago, BCF said:

Great post MOTCO, proof of what we all know. I can't believe they're still being sold, worst still, that EBC still promote them as performance pads! :angry:

And @maurici - lots of us completely agree with you, just can't be bothered with forum nonsense so stay out of it. I'm 100% with you - if a car is described as "race proven" or "track developed" but has a component we all know to be inappropriate to that use, you have to approach it with a great sense of caution. Whether the pads were fitted recently or not is irrelevant, the person who fitted them is the one describing the car, therefore their judgment needs to be taken with a huge great big pinch of salt and if other comparable options are available, it may be preferential to look elsewhere. Not necessarily walk away, just be very, very wary.

My advice with this forum (and any forum) is to offer your opinion if you choose to do so, but leave it there - don't bother to respond to other people's opinion of your opinion, even if it winds you up. Let the reader decide.

Big hug :t-up:

Completely disagree what a stupid post etc 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, maurici said:

And my favourite. Civic... 900 kg, EBC Orange, 3 laps in a very short track at 12 degrees ambient...

wiaki.gif.562eebd27161be0247cb3d149ad32cf0.gif

I think the problem here is that its a Civic. Very rarely see one of these on a track day without smoke pouring from the front brakes!

For balance, I've used Yellows on an MX-5 race car and found them OK. On par with cheapo motor factor standard pads. A glowing endorsement right there :laugh:

Oi, get your balanced opinion off this EBC bashing thread!! Sensible balanced opinions not welcome on forum threads!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I think the problem here is that its a Civic. Very rarely see one of these on a track day without smoke pouring from the front brakes!

For balance, I've used Yellows on an MX-5 race car and found them OK. On par with cheapo motor factor standard pads. A glowing endorsement right there :laugh:

I dont like you anymore.

• Haha 1

I hang my head in shame for having yellows on the back of my car.   Even though they work perfectly fine and match the m1144’s up front for good ballence I feel like I should change them just because I must have been a total muppet for fitting them and admitting it.   

• Haha 4