tc3nitro

Front Arch marker lights

tc3nitro

Do I have to use the WF supplied front marker lights ? I would really like to use some smaller better looking items and was wondering what the spec needs to be for IVA ?

Can anyone offer some light on this subject?

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

:laugh:

no you don’t.

Many of us have used the little 20mm or so press fit lights from the likes of car builder solutions - I used the clear style, but they do orange as well. 

Hang on a mo, I’ll get the link...

IanK (Bagpuss)
15 minutes ago, tc3nitro said:

Do I have to use the WF supplied front marker lights ? I would really like to use some smaller better looking items and was wondering what the spec needs to be for IVA ?

Only if you want them to fall off repeatably :cry: I passed IVA with a smaller LED 20MM diameter clear item from Car Buiilder Solutions.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Here we go, they are essentially a roughly 20mm light that is a press fit into a sort of custom moulded 28mm did grommet, that fits through a hole drilled in the wing. Really neat looking, loads use them. And they only stand about 8mm proud of the wing.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/micro-28mm-led-side-repeaters-clear-lens-amber-light-pair

• Thanks 1

tc3nitro
11 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Here we go, they are essentially a roughly 20mm light that is a press fit into a sort of custom moulded 28mm did grommet, that fits through a hole drilled in the wing. Really neat looking, loads use them. And they only stand about 8mm proud of the wing.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/micro-28mm-led-side-repeaters-clear-lens-amber-light-pair

Thankyou very much ! Order placed.

I was slightly worried for pedestrians with the size of those horrors !

TableLeg
13 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I've used the same only without the grommet so they're even more discrete.

20181023_160943.thumb.jpg.d6dea79018f35e8ceadb4ff8fb3b450f.jpg

• Like 2

tc3nitro

Thanks for the help these are now fitted and look really smart.

A4CF1CE7-6BD5-4F9D-B7A1-098DDA9AB95B.jpeg

john-p

I'm in the process of fitting my 20mm wing lights but have a question, do you need to keep the original side repeaters just below the windscreen as well for the IVA test ?

AdgeC

My car passed ok with just repeaters on the front wings. Don't believe you need further repeaters currently. Section 23 of the IVA manual provides details:  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/738819/individual-vehicle-approval-inspection-manual-passenger-vehicles.pdf

Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight

You don’t need one below windscreen. My car passed its with 20mm wing ones.

• Like 1

john-p

Many thanks.