No Longer Required - S2000 Gearbox

Terryathome

Honda S2000 gearbox wanted, 2004 and onwards, low mileage would be bonus.

It does call it the 2004/AP2 Spec in the text, and I couldn’t be sure on a mobile, but the clutch slave cylinder looks more like an AP2/facelift cars. Though it might just be because the whole thing is so filthy!

(And yes, I know, they aren’t technically AP2’s in the UK, but I’ve even had Honda refer to the facelift cars as AP2’s before now!)

Might be worth clarifying with the seller. Though it doesn’t look hugely cared for, and it’s certainly not low mileage.

I had the best luck putting a wanted ad up on the UK S2Ki site. Potentially much safer than getting any old crap from eBay, as some of the breaker sourced S2000 parts can be great and some can be dire!

My second gearbox was one of a number of spares that one of their clubs serial car builders was working on. I kid you not, when I turned up to collect it, he had a daily driver S2000, and two others, each on lifts, in his big three car garage! (One a race car, and one a wheels up restoration). Condition was superb, and it had under 30k miles on it if I remember correctly. 

I saw that picture too. The year reg isn’t necessarily enough to go on, and I don’t know the visual differences on the car itself, other than something to do with lights, amongst other things.

That said, a quick on line search shows it’s an early 2003 plate, (April registration, so the description would be wrong, it appears), which combined with how tatty it all looks, would see me running a mile!

28 minutes ago, Terryathome said:

You could sell me your gearbox then? lol

My original gearbox was damaged in transit, I replaced it with the one now in the car. The old one with the damaged shifter, got broken for parts by a fellow S2000 builder after a small prop meets tunnel incident, (one of the reasons I refuse to put fuel/brake lines in there!)

What's gone in yours @Terryathome? Is rebuilding it an option?

@Si.Dalziel is planning to fix his now, he's started to break the donor car. He may have some tips on how to go about it etc. Though I suspect you may need some expensive Honda tools to do it!

It's not for the blue S2000 westy, that's running fine now, no misfire.

I'm building another Westy, the red one. Was going to be Zetec supercharged but changed to Honda power.

Need red v8 bonnet and nose cone now, if anybody's got one. Needs to be in good nick mind you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terryathome said:

It's not for the blue S2000 westy, that's running fine now, no misfire.

I'm building another Westy, the red one. Was going to be Zetec supercharged but changed to Honda power.

Need red v8 bonnet and nose cone now, if anybody's got one. Needs to be in good nick mind you.

So you'll have a few Zetec engines going cheap soon will you?

All with zero miles :p

• Haha 1

Two S2000’s ! That’s just greedy :oops:

1 hour ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

So you'll have a few Zetec engines going cheap soon will you?

All with zero miles :p

Will have a few bits left over. In the garage today to sort through and get em up for sale.

Jenvey throttle bodies have already been spoken for.

1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Two S2000’s ! That’s just greedy :oops:

it was an accident that I ended up with 2 Westy, honest.

• Haha 3

I have an S2000 box that could do with leaving the garage if you are still in need. Came with an engine I bought a few years ago. All working when removed from the car, believed to be about 100k miles but no proof of this I'm afraid. Came out of a car before S2000 engines with only 100k were being considered low miles, so I have no reason to doubt what I was told.

34 minutes ago, tkm_dave said:

I have an S2000 box that could do with leaving the garage if you are still in need. Came with an engine I bought a few years ago. All working when removed from the car, believed to be about 100k miles but no proof of this I'm afraid. Came out of a car before S2000 engines with only 100k were being considered low miles, so I have no reason to doubt what I was told.

@tkm_daveDo you know what year the box is? Also need slave cylinder complete with fork. Lastly how much?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.