1C tyres for Road Going in 2019

graham frankland

Is there any truth in the rumour that 1C tyres may be allowed in Road Going again in 2019?

If there is some discussion on the Forum please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Graham

a bit of hearsay in the Anglesey paddock and not all 1c's just zzr's I believe.

@terry everall

May know more

I've heard the that all road legal might be allowed althoughnothing confirmed in blue book but we are waiting confirmation

please bear with us as this is MSA not WSCC

ps i'm holding off buying tyres till I hear from the MSA.

as mine are nearly not road legal

@graham frankland I know that wont help but we are waiting

cheers

Panda

Is Nick still on the sprint and hill climb sub committee? Just thought he may have the latest info?

G

then... this doesn't changes anything as A24 ZZR super soft are NOT road-legal, and not E-marked, as is stated in the webpage...

A64 compound (the only road-legal one) isn't particularly good from cold... I do know quite a lot this compound as was the tyre I was using in my VX220 and the results were quite average...

To be honest, I don't want another change back... I've sorted my tyres for next year. If for any chance, A24-ZZR are back to the road going classes after having been banned and not given a roadlegal condition, will be a joke. Will alter again all the target times, will benefit to the big spenders that can just waste money for every change that the MSA decides to do...

From my point of view, isn't beneficial at all. I will definitely wait till this is clear, as I won't bother to spend £150 again for the Spanish fee, then msa, then wscc... and then on tops another £600 for another set of tyres... as rules have changed, again...:bangshead:

• Like 1

the A24 ZZR  tyres i used to run were road legal and e marked .but still got banned  they were banned because they were not fuel efficient and so eco friendly   

Bring them back :t-up: should never have been moved out of road going in the first place ! ( oh and I have a good hardly used set on my car :p )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

Bring them back :t-up: should never have been moved out of road going in the first place ! ( oh and I have a good hardly used set on my car :p )

here we are. the big cheater wanting to cheat legally!!

I thought that was an Spanish thing...

• Haha 1

“Cheater” how very dare you !!!!!

Crap driver hiding behind good tyres now that’s a different thing :d

Just now, Marto303 said:

“Cheater” how very dare you !!!!!

Crap driver hiding behind good tyres now that’s a different thing :d

Whatever... :p

I have it on good authority (a member of the tyre panel) that ......

No tyres have been moved from 1C to 1B.

The Avon ZZR still remains in 1C, except for the OE Caterham sizes which are in 1B, these sizes can only be used on a Caterham

• Thanks 2

On 23/10/2018 at 17:27, Castlecroft said:

I have it on good authority (a member of the tyre panel) that ......

No tyres have been moved from 1C to 1B.

The Avon ZZR still remains in 1C, except for the OE Caterham sizes which are in 1B, these sizes can only be used on a Caterham

The use by Caterham's only was in their original draft changes prior to MSA introducing List 1C, however it was deemed to be an unfair advantage for a Caterham so the ruling was relaxed and Avon ZZR (15156 & 15157) are allowed for all cars that are eligible to run 1B tyres. As per MSA Bluebook section L 2.3 All production tyres must carry an EEC 30 or EEC 108 "E" mark.

The 15156 (Front 185/55/13) & 15157 (Rear 215/55/13) versions of the ZZR were developed specifically for Caterham (but fit other cars) and were built using the MEDIUM compound (I think the A24 compound).

All other Avon ZZR's (i.e. anything labelled other than 15156 & 15157) are List 1C tyres and cannot be used in road going production classes.

There are other specific tyres listed in List 1B that are allowed for cars registered prior to 1/10/90, these are annotated in the MSA Yearbook.

Please see MSA Bluebook 2018, Section L, page 200.

7 minutes ago, Paul Morcom said:

The use by Caterham's only was in their original draft changes prior to MSA introducing List 1C, however it was deemed to be an unfair advantage for a Caterham so the ruling was relaxed and Avon ZZR (15156 & 15157) are allowed for all cars that are eligible to run 1B tyres. As per MSA Bluebook section L 2.3 All production tyres must carry an EEC 30 or EEC 108 "E" mark.

The 15156 (Front 185/55/13) & 15157 (Rear 215/55/13) versions of the ZZR were developed specifically for Caterham (but fit other cars) and were built using the MEDIUM compound (I think the A24 compound).

All other Avon ZZR's (i.e. anything labelled other than 15156 & 15157) are List 1C tyres and cannot be used in road going production classes.

There are other specific tyres listed in List 1B that are allowed for cars registered prior to 1/10/90, these are annotated in the MSA Yearbook.

Please see MSA Bluebook 2018, Section L, page 200.

Only half correct.

A24 is the softest available for the ZZR... and is NOT the compound used for the 15156/57, witch is even harder than the original Mediums of ZZR, and particularly bad for sprinting...