Incorrect Forum Spelling - SOLVED!

Captain Colonial

I have, at my own expense, created something to blame for those of you who spell incorrectly in posts, or who spell correctly but use the wrong term (to / too / two, their / there / they’re, lose / loose, etc).

This is a free of charge service, and you can use it as often as you like.  It works quietly in the background.  You won’t even know it’s there.

Spell checkers are old and outdated, so I give you the future... BLAME THE SPELL CHICKEN!

CCA51E7D-A1FB-44C1-A21E-28E4EE601BDC.jpeg.31c7c60839f876471191ee6d765d1bfe.jpeg

19 hours ago, DamperMan said:

tessting testting.    Were dis tha Schinken

Schinken = ham, no wonder you can't find it :d

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Schinken = ham, no wonder you can't find it :d

There is a story attached to that.   My first trip to Germany and I head off for a pizza with the sales manager.   I ordered my Schinken pizza expecting chicken.   No problem I ate up and at the end the waitress asked if all was good.  Being British I said it was all marvellous.  As we left I turned to the sales manager and said it’s a shame the chef  doesn’t know what chicken is...   I’m still reminded if this faux pas from time to time.

• Haha 2

I trained service engineers in Finland and my local host was helping with translations. The document I created told the customer the reason for the failure was takuu, translating to warranty claim. My host said no, that’s wrong, it should be sotkea.

Me, the ever helpful, gullible Brit, makes the change in the database. For two weeks 20 odd service engineers printed reports for their customers saying, reason for the work was f**k up instead of warranty. The engineers thought it was really funny, I was in a taxi to the airport.

Trust no one!  Times have changed these  days you’d have checked it on google translate.