Zetec bottom end

Paul T

Looking for a 1.8 or 2.0 Zetec bottom end (or complete engine).

Will be rebuilt but needs good bores.

Ideally around the midlands but am willing to travel if needed.

Regards, Paul

I'm advertising a 1.8 engine in the for sale section, pm if interested.

Cheers, Joel

If you are rebuildng to standard spec I would consider buying a new crate engine (around £900)  vs. the cost and hassle of buying and rebuilding an existing engine.

New bearings, gaskets, reconditioning costs will soon add up

Thanks for the tip Trev but I can rebuild the bottom end for relatively little and I have loads left to do on the car so £900 is out of the budget unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an 1800 Silvertop block and head sat in the garage. It was fettled by Dunnel for the old Westfield one make series. its had many years of use on track, but still made good power. i removed it last year and stripped the cams, sump and ancillaries to recoup cash for an upgrade.

Don't want much for it. Drop me a message if its of interest. 

Mark

I have a 2.0 Silvertop that I’m just about to remove from my car. The guy who built my car made a cracking job of the rebuild of the engine which is all documented with photos which I have on a CD. The engine was setup by Northampton and produced 150bhp on DCOEs. It will be a bare engine by the time I have swapped the ancillaries out to the new ST engine that I am fitting but if you are interested I’d be after £500 for it. It will be on the for sale forum shortly. Currently still in my car but will be removed within the next couple of weeks.

41B1324F-B6B7-4EFB-A3A6-505D1E188014.jpeg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.