Your Daily motor- photos :)

Skypeller

@Skypeller, haven't had any dramas with it tbh. It's not cheap to run, but really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Nothing broken in 5 years, and I've had it from new. I'll probably keep it now until it falls to bits.

One of the things that I like about it is that with the adaptable suspension etc, you can potter around town, or cruise fairly slowly, and it is quiet and comfortable. When you put it into sport, you can feel the car change, with the suspension stiffening, throttle and gearbox mapping changing, and it feels pretty brutal. It really is a great car for almost everything. It's fun to boot it, but you don't feel the need to all the time, unlike in something a little more focused like a Type R.

The main downside is the lack of a LSD - if you drive it hard you can really feel it missing; it's very easy to spin up the inside rear when cornering. I've had a Quaife ATB diff fitted, and whilst it wasn't cheap, it has made such a difference.

How much was the diff fitted ? @exitus yes, type r is maybe too focused purely for going mental, the bm is probably a good balance like a golf R 

Can't go wrong with an MX-5! A Mk3 with a remap and a set of cams is a cracking daily driver, had one for a few years. Now back in a Mk1:

IMAG0451.thumb.jpg.183e2800b6463d26de3a1094b53b9c9c.jpg

Other RWD, roofless, non-turbo cars also suitable ;)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Skypeller said:

I’m a fan of mx5’s especially the mk1, grown very fond of the mk3 aswell with nice changes to make them look more racey

What 'look more racey' changes???

29 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Can't go wrong with an MX-5! A Mk3 with a remap and a set of cams is a cracking daily driver, had one for a few years. Now back in a Mk1:

Other RWD, roofless, non-turbo cars also suitable ;)

Who did cams and remap (proper racey changes) & £££ on yours???

Thinking of low mileage Mk3 for daily driver, would have to be hard top convertible due to some of the environments I have to park when working. 

Also on list are M135i / GT86, more roomy but look a bit pricey in comparison.

Currently in a 2017 golf gti. Came from a fiesta st3. Sorry no pic as am away at the min.

The fiesta is a fantastic little thing. Fun nippy. Very chuckable and easily did 40+ to the gallon on a run. Being an st3 had all the toys you could want. Downsides. The stereo was a bit fiddly to use and the ride was on the firm side.

The golf is very competent in all departments. The size makes it a bit more practical if your using the back seats. Ride is better. Slightly more thirsty (But not by much). However the extra size is noticeable along with the weight when on the twisties. The biggest thing for me is that it's just not fun to drive. Very very competent but not fun.

The golf goes back off lease in the new year and have been looking at the bmw 135i and also 335i as potential replacements so interesting to hear the above comments. Have even been looking at getting another fiesta.....

• Like 1

This is my Z3,it is only a 1.9 but is great to drive on the road a proper roadster. Plus it has got a heater, air con, and heated seats so can be used all year.   

DSC00941.JPG

DSC00919.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

What 'look more racey' changes???

Who did cams and remap (proper racey changes) & £££ on yours???

Thinking of low mileage Mk3 for daily driver, would have to be hard top convertible due to some of the environments I have to park when working. 

Also on list are M135i / GT86, more roomy but look a bit pricey in comparison.

It came like that, but I believe Roddisons did the cams and Autotronix did the mapping. I used to race MX5s with both of them, they know their stuff.

If were into towcars, this is our old Volvo dragging the Westie to IVA . Not a 'great' experience. Bit like driving like a grandad on the roads, with allow intergalatic space to get out of busy roundabouts and sticking to 75 on the motorways :oops:

933805523_269IVAwaiting2.thumb.jpg.d51ca66461fbd4087fa10ccd1d235f8c.jpg

Replaced by this one last year. But not fitted a towbar on this one. Volvo wanted £900 ............. so just didnt bother.

New_Volvo_LI.thumb.jpg.cea16b53407d315bda5da1b23a3a1e67.jpg

• Like 2

Years ago if ide have thought about buying a skoda ide have punched myself in the b*****k*, now look at me - great car lol

IMG_6400.JPG

• Haha 1

They damn well are great cars Marcus. Just watch out for main dealers trying to rip you on servicing costs has been my only blight on ownership.

Here's mine: Octavia VRS - 220bph, 38mpg on a run, 4 ecu/suspension modes, built in satnav, massive boot, interior a bit plasticy, but there you go - the development cash has been spent on the engine and the suspension. I might have a play with the ecu when it's out of warranty, but to be honest it's pretty good as it is.

Gary

20170111_160427.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing not to unlike there Gary . Wife is waiting on the Citygo VRS , as our current one will be handed to our son in 18 months time as his first car .Gives them time to start making them !! 

Here is mine, BMW 320D GT.

Absolutely brilliant car with more legroom than a 7 series, a huge boot and tows well. It's going in two weeks as it is almost 2 years old. 50k trouble free miles. I am gonna miss it but cannot justify the income tax any longer.

IMG_0334.thumb.JPG.1b03dc4a5b53c42bca93ff4d9adb1bba.JPG

The replacement is in stock and ready to go, slightly different experience but a £200 a month income tax pay rise

IMG_2703.thumb.JPG.ae0fd553d41f5f945b1b1c98894dce7e.JPG

It just needs the hardtop fitting and it is good to go

IMG_2704.thumb.JPG.fd3f1c9bc138138409d37c5da2e931f4.JPG

• Like 2