Seat recover/upholstery

snowy892

Hi,

I currently have vinyl sports seats in my Westfield, which are in my opinion very comfortable, but look a bit dated. I do however like the sports turbo but two things stop me from purchasing a set, cost and are they as comfortable as my set I already own! 

So, I've thought about getting them re-upholstered thus bring them up to date whilst keeping the comfort.

Anybody done this? 

Looking for recommendations. 

Thank you. 

Although not on a Westfield, I had a seat covered recently for my single seater.  The work was completed by County Coachtrimmers nr Maldon and I was very impressed with the results.

http://www.countycoachtrimmers.co.uk

There's some pictures on this thread.

Why don't you repair them yourself. I achieved great results on some Z3 seats

The seats I have are in excellent condition! Just need updating (somehow) lol. Different design, maybe some stitching. 

I've been speaking to Rob at Intatrim, he's going to do me a set of custom seats and re-do the tunnel cover to match

Lots of good reviews on their work and seems like really good value for fully custom work. 

http://www.intatrim.co.uk/

The Intatrim seats I’ve seen and tried have been excellent quality, he does some really great work on general trim too.

However, I would try a sample of the sort of seat you fancy first. They use quite a different construction technique to the Westfield Sports Seat on some of their seats, and those that have got used to the Sports Seats don’t always get on with them. (The Intatrims, or at least those I’ve tried, don’t use the sprung, foam soft bases on a tubular steel frame, that is open to the back and underneath, like Westfield - which gives quite a deep feeling, soft seat squab. They seem to mainly use a moulded, (GRP?) seat shell, with the foam upholstery over the top of that. Gives a nice light, strong construction, but can mean the seats feel quite firm by comparison. Some love that, some don’t! Just depends on your personal preferences and what you’re used to.

Oh and if you like using your car all year round, he does a heated seat option, which whilst it might sound a luxury, I’m told by everyone that’s gone for it, is superb for winter motoring! 

• Like 1

I've now contacted Intatrim and Dave Trimming, see what happens next. Keeping the original seats with new covers/ stitching etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snowy892 said:

I've now contacted Intatrim and Dave Trimming, see what happens next. Keeping the original seats with new covers/ stitching etc. 

I would be interested to know what costs they quote you please, as I will have to do the same on my Cobra build

When you've got an estimate from the nationals don't rule out a local trimmer or upholster. I contacted some local to me and just asked if they'd look at my sports seats - found two who had already done car seats and their prices came in under the national quotes, was quicker to get done and the quality is excellent. 

Gary