4 point harness flaping around when strapped in

Barnsley John

I every one  know there must be a simple way of dealing with this problem,  but I am after picking peoples brains to see if there are some good simple ideas

when I am strapped in to the 4 point harness seatbelt in Westfield  the top two straps one on left and one on right chest  have a lot of spare when fully adjusted but they start flapping around when traveling briskly

really annoying,  thought of some type of elastic band to keep the straps together tried tucking the spare under the lower one but it comes out  

anyone got a good simple solution or anything on flea bay thanks john

Insulation tape wrapped over itself makes it stick to itself but still slide up and down to adjust straps.:d

I keep meaning to try Velcro cable ties for this but never get around to it.

I put the excess underneath the lap belts.  Strap on the left underneath the left side, and strap on the right underneath the right side.

• Like 1

I got some coloured velcro straps which are used to tidy cables together on tv and hi-fi instalations. They were a bit too short to use on 3" webbing straps, but ideal on 2.5" straps. I rolled up the spare strap, around one of the velcro straps, then wound the ends of the velcro around itself and around the tight part of the same webbing strap, to keep it all of a piece.

Couple of large cable ties work well too. Use two each side to avoid it forming a big loop due to the spring of the nylon.

I tuck mine under the belts when I remember. 

Hi John, I have sewn velcro onto mine, you need to use a thimble to push the needle through. Cheers, Julie

tuck the excess behind the shoulder straps ...easy

11 minutes ago, terry everall said:

tuck the excess behind the shoulder straps ...easy

Snap

3 hours ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

I keep meaning to try Velcro cable ties for this but never get around to it.

This sort of stuff should work well and is reasonably cheap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VELCRO-Brand-ONE-WRAP-10mm-Cable-Tie-Black-Double-Sided-Hook-Loop-Strapping/162724311801?hash=item25e31ff2f9:m:mO8df7cE0SFqPlV4omal0Yg:rk:4:pf:0

• Thanks 1