Ashbourne, Peak District, Sun 28th Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Okay sound I will look to get there for 9.

take it we’re going through Lichfield then up the A515 to Ashbourne 

see you in the morning, thermals ready! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LukeW said:

Okay sound I will look to get there for 9.

take it we’re going through Lichfield then up the A515 to Ashbourne 

see you in the morning, thermals ready! 

Yes mate

Hi Julie. 

Hope to make this one. 

Late decision as free today. 

I thought you might, after I tempted you on facebook. Look forward to seeing you

Deep frost here this morning, wrap up warm and take extra care on the roads this morning - and revel in how much better the engines pull with the lovely crisp cold air! :yes: :db-westy:

• Like 1

Thank for a fab day I loved it. hope to see you all in the near future, been back about 10 minuets back out now walking the dogs.

A84583D5-DEEE-4207-B5AA-FDCEBAA2106F.jpeg

• Like 4

Well done everyone on turning your clocks back, it made me laugh when Glen thought we had left it a bit late to get up this morning - and then realised it was a hour earlier than he thought.

11 Westfields met at Ashbourne and dived in M&S for warm. Everyone seems to have been to Aldi and bought their heated seats which is a very good idea.

DSC06399.JPG

DSC06401.JPG

DSC06402.JPG

DSC06403.JPG

It was a steady run over the damp, salty roads in stunning sunshine with the clear air making for lovely views

Elle.jpg

We arrived at the Roaches Tea Rooms a little early so we could have a 'bonnets off' moment and a look at Simon's very tidy MX5 turbo'd engine.

DSC06404.JPG

We are 300 metres (1000 feet) above sea level here with views from the cafe over the southern part of the Peak District

DSC06405.JPG

Bagpuss had pulled, he was kissing in the corner

DSC06406.JPG

Taking in the view behind Gail's car

DSC06407.JPG

Someone has a better photo than this of a Westfield seemingly towing a caravan

DSC06408.JPG

I had booked us a table in the conservatory with a lovely view, everyone had loads of layers on and with the sun coming through the windows we all started to cook.

DSC06411.JPG

DSC06410.JPG

I was first in the car park and we just block each other in so we can all fit, might as well take another photo then while I wait to be let out.

DSC06412.JPG

Back on the road again, up The Bank, one of my favorite roads and to the cake stop. Did you notice that I went sailing past my turning, so we ended up going down a road I have never been on, thinking 'cripes I hope there is plenty of tarmac on it' actually it was a nice road and we will do it again. At the Tea Rooms, only the best quality, homemade, proper cakes here and not silly prices either. We totally destroyed this Bakewell Cake, full of jam and almonds, they might as well have just put the whole cake on the table and given everyone a spoon......on second thoughts, NO.

DSC06415.JPG

The Monkeys Tea Party in the Old School Tea Rooms

DSC06418.JPG

Parking was interesting again, just drive in and block everyone in

DSC06414.JPG

Dave needs to work on his little finger, one holds one's tea cup in the proper manner

DSC06417.JPG

Nom, nom, nom

DSC06416.JPG

Is your car poppy ready? get your knitting needles out

DSC06400.JPG

Another fantastic day out and a big thank you to everyone for travelling the many miles to join us, especially Simon who came all the way from Peterborough. The convoy looked great in my mirror, I could not see the end of it there were that many of you. The other new guy, Johnathon, who came in his MX5 must have had a brilliant view as he tagged along at the back. He is trying to buy a Westfield and is not even a member yet.

Next time we are going to a new pub that we tried out last week, guess what? it has lovely views from the car park, so do a sun dance and it will be on next Sunday. Cheers.

• Like 9

Thanks Julie for organising another fantastic run about the peak district what a great roads and scenery was beautiful. Thanks again and I hope no one got to wet on the way home.

P.s Not sure towing a caravan is a good idea:p

20181028_120637.jpg

20181028_142623.jpg

20181028_142600.jpg

20181028_142549.jpg

20181028_132758.jpg

20181028_132808.jpg

20181028_132830.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to believe how one amazing day keeps getting topped by another, but it does!

Awesome, awesome views on some of the long sweeping roads through the Peaks, craggy outcrops of the Peaks themselves to one side, beautifully coloured autumnal trees in the valleys on the other, and Westfields as far as I could see, both ahead and in the rear view mirror.

• Like 2

Once again a fabulous day out with like minded friends, and new faces and names to add to the memory banks, thanks again Julie Hall for organising us:laugh:275B1F99-42A1-49BE-ADE2-52E063719EF0.thumb.jpeg.1b1a444d652f530a0f904698c3c3e659.jpeg

E0AD5BA5-0794-4424-8EEB-B2C741DE38DA.jpeg

44FD4215-94CF-4531-BD7E-0348E493C039.jpeg

• Like 1

You do have a way with words, Dave, and Ali took the photo's to accompany those words

craggy outcrops near The Roaches

craggy outcrops.jpg

long sweeping roads

long sweeping roads.jpg

don't you just love how the word TOW is on Simon's roll cage on the photo of him seemingly towing the caravan

and for the record here is a list of who came with us today, 

Chris, Dave, Ali and Gail, Andy and Sue, Andy and Rebecca, Bill, Martyn and Sue, Luke and friend , Simon, Ian. Jon, currently searching for a Westfield came in his MX5.

Some really good photo's on here from other people, thank you :yes: keep 'em coming

• Like 1

That Mazda powered car is familiar. Its followed me up from Oxford. Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend, looks like a fun day out.

Luke.