Peak District Sun 21st October

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

I hope yer ok been out today and give it some verbal's  to the engine saying I want   more 

we look like meeting at red kite in morning and going north to Sherburn sticky floor   cafe 

sticky fingers on cups but its ok

may join up with the Barry and a new member from  Birdwell at Barnsley south

tell the old man at least I have not  to buy  a cuppa tea and tell him I will see him whenever and look forward to seeing you all  has well thanks john and jacky

• Haha 1

Stuffed..... really stuffed.  Couldn't  do the crumble :ph34r:

• Haha 1

WESTFIELD the best kind of car to own and here is proof. One of the clubs highest mileage touring car next to the winner of the Speed Series car, both on a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive out, what other kind of car do you need to own to fulfill all of your hobbies. 

Meeting at Matlock were Howard, Martyn and Sue, Andrew, Trevor, Bill, Dave, Nigel and us, making 8 cars in the hot sun with everyone melting it was that warm.

The super dooper Vauxhall red top at 240 bhp. 

DSC06352.JPG

We had a train to 'catch', well the camera lens did, so we nipped a couple of miles down the road to watch it arrive. That's what I tell you lot, really I just wanted the cars lined up for a photograph.

DSC06355.JPG

DSC06356.JPG

It's coming, it is still in steam at this point

DSC06359.JPG

As it approaches the station the steam is turned off and the air is diverted away from the chuff box (I think, please correct me if I got it wrong), resulting in some of the good old fashioned black stuff. For £130 you can spend 1 hour preparing the steam engine and then driving it, just saying Glen, Christmas is coming you know.

DSC06362.JPG 

Nigel crossed the line and went for petrol

DSC06367.JPG

Next we sampled some lovely autumn sun shining through the bronzed trees to go past the pub, and into the really scenic part of the Peak District. Up there it is a mecca for all kinds of hobbies, walking, climbing, cycling and taking in the views, so it is a slow go. I tried keep us going at a pace that does not frustrate but is slow enough to take in your surroundings and be safe when we come across rogue sheep (2 of them actually) and dog walkers. The loop comes straight back to the pub where lunch was booked for 1pm.

We parked at the pub, with it's lovely views over the Hope Valley

DSC06368.JPG 

I was minding my own business, taking a panorama shot, and these little sods just can't resist can they? they are like big kids and have to dive bomb the photo

DSC06369.JPG

The grey bit in the middle is Trevor, running in front of the lens, and it has also made my camera turn the photo 90 degrees??? Weird, anyway, he is already in the dog house for the Stoneleigh comments on my other thread, so I guess as you can't be any more 'in the dog house' than you already are, you may as well be naughty:d

Mr Naughty

DSC06371.JPG

DSC06373.JPG

DSC06374.JPG

Martyn was ready for throttling his car, literary. Shall we say, it has run better.

DSC06375.JPG 

We made our way into the pub and to the carvery

DSC06380.JPG

We tried to go to Chatsworth Farm Shop Cafe for a posh cake, but it was rather busy and people were queuing, so we went in a homeward direction to the Whitworth Centre  and it did not disappoint. We even sat outside it was that warm.

Lemon Fudge Cake and Victoria Sponge Cake, we also got a free slice of carrot cake, no argument there. 

DSC06381.JPG

Andrew with cake.

DSC06382.JPG

With our big belly's full to the brim we headed off home for a lie down, burp, excuse me. So another successful day of driving, eating and viewing some lovely scenery. Not the fastest day as everyone else had decided to do the same, but can you blame them? 

I am not biased, much, but one last photo, I couldn't resist and he deserves it. Thank you all for coming, I hope to see you in Ashbourne next week and fingers crossed for more of this weather.

DSC06376.JPG

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Stuffed..... really stuffed.  Couldn't  do the crumble :ph34r:

Slacker

• Haha 1

Thanks Julie and Glen for another brilliant day out. Great company, good food and several Westies.  Even the weather held for me to get home in the dry. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Julie, and indeed everyone, for a great day out. And thank you for showing me some new parts of the Peak District - I'm sure there are plenty more still to be discovered. 

Great write-up too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another fantastic day in the Peaks. Huge thank you to Julie and Glen, as always.

Just got to Leak, when the sky did! Only fine misty rain, but stopped for much needed fuel and stuck the hood up for the rest of the trip home.

Still feeling full from the carvary now. Let alone the cake stop. 

I do find it funny though how Glen is greeted like both a long lost friend and trouble maker ;) at every cake stop and nearly every pub we visit!

• Like 2

Oh, and even better than the brilliant scenery of the Peak District, the sound of Andrew's V8, as I followed it. If I ever do scratch the V8 urge, I think that sound has convinced me to abandon the habits of a lifetime, and forget fuel injection, just go for a chuffing big carb and lumpy cam.

:love:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I do find it funny though how Glen is greeted like both a long lost friend and trouble maker ;) at every cake stop and nearly every pub we visit!

:d you mean Sue, the lady at The Whitworth Centre, she is lovely and Glen loves to torment her, just like the owner of Tagg Lane Dairy, he is consistent, cheeky, but consistent. 

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

the sound of Andrew's V8

funny you should say that, I was checking if everyone was ready to set off today and just as I looked around the V8 fired up, my ears answered my question, what a sound.

• Like 2

It is brilliant that you like the size of my engine and the noise I make out of my rear end :) Whilst compliments are flying about, I love Rita's photogenic British Racing Green sleek, highly polished lines and when Dave is behind, the roar and the sight of the front end approaching wheelie status is awesome!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for a great run out yesterday. The mizzle started at Eyam and by the time I was home my right arm was soaked. Well worth it though.

• Like 2