Peak District Sun 21st October

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsburys Matlock, DE4 3SP 10.30am for a run around the Peak District. Weather dependent.

• Like 1

Sorry I've got family staying, yet again. Besides which, I'm just about to take the crank pulley and timing cover off to complete (hopefully!) my oil leak cures. Then I might leave the car in the garage to finish one or two other winter "upgrades".

• Sad 1

sshh, whisper, the weather forecast is good for all weekend, sshh, don't tell mummy nature because then she might change it. There is a plan, so I might as well share it with you.

Leave Sainsburys at 10.30am and get to Peak Rail to watch the steam train arrive. It will be coming towards us slowly so we will get the best view of it, there is a car park and toilets right on the lineside, so it should be an enjoyable experience. It is only a very short hop from Sainsburys so don't worry about getting hats, blankets and hot water bottles in the right place at this stage.

Realistically by the time we have toileted and tucked ourselves in, it will probably be 11.30am when we leave Peak Rail. The next part of the journey is going to take us on a nice scenic road, indirectly to The Millstone Country Inn, Hathersage, S32 1DA, where we will have lunch. There is a carvery plus the main menu to choose from. I will be booking a table for 1pm to give us plenty of time for a little tyre kick in the car park and to take in the view from there too.

The rest of the day is open to options, either leave us here or I can shuffle along to a suitable calorie laden cafe. I hope to book the table at the pub the day before we go, so I need to know the numbers please.

Cheers, Julie

• Like 1

I’m intending to be there too!

• Like 2

Count us in, we are planning to come too! 

• Like 3

Cheeky sod sat next to me here is saying that he will take the heated seat, thanks, @AndrewBClarke. OK I have a cold, unheated seat available, yours sincerely, Mrs Billy No Mates :d:d:d

• Haha 3

Yes. I will be there.

Thanks for organising. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Howard said:

Mind if I join you?

The more that attend the better :yes:

See you tomorrow 

• Like 1

Honoured @Howard honoured, we would love you to come along.

@Trevturtle Glen will bring your rivvy thingy tool job as he has finished with it now, thank you.

• Like 1

Aw, give over :d

Just fancy a trip into the Peaks with some like-minded individuals. Been meaning to tag along for a while now.

See you tomorrow. 

• Like 3

On 17/10/2018 at 21:12, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

I hope to book the table at the pub the day before we go, so I need to know the numbers please.

Cheers, Julie

Bit late, sorry - should be there if my air filter dries out overnight

• Like 1