Bristol and Bath AO

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

36 minutes ago, CrisisWolf said:

Didnt realise you were on here too Rob.

Stalking you, Rich! :laugh:

Been on here far more recently as I have various plans for the Westy as part of a winter overhaul. :)

Hi All, brand new member have megabusa and saying hi. Do we have a location for the 10th? Might not be in the beastie but may attend. Thanks in advance. Karl

I'm trying to keep Saturday free, but I'm going to be given something to do soon if it gets much closer, if you know what I mean.

Hi all, apologies for delay in getting a venue.

Here goes, Saturday 10th November, 1300 hrs onward at the Riverside Inn, The Shallows, Saltford, Bristol BS31 3EZ.

Understanding that the weather is not forecast to be great, TinTops are more than welcome as this is the starter for ten!

Please feel free to pass onto others that I may not have included?

Looking forward to putting some faces to names and starting to plan some road trips and get a regular meet day/time sorted.

Regards

Chris

19 hours ago, Karladams14 said:

Hi All, brand new member have megabusa and saying hi. Do we have a location for the 10th? Might not be in the beastie but may attend. Thanks in advance. Karl

Hi Karl,please come along in any form!

Well done Chris.  In the nick of time too!  I'll be there tomorrow.  Westie still in too many bits, so will be in orange Fiesta ST.

Steve.

Sorry @Nic Surry

i promise to mix up the days and times etc to gather the flock?

cheers @Wobblyprop See you there I’ll be in bright red jacket! 

Rwgards 

chris 

Well it happened! The rebooted Bristol and Bath area meet started again yesterday with a fine gathering (Thanks Rob and Steve) at The Riverside Inn, Saltford. 

Introductions and car histories were discussed as well as plans for the winter upgrades. 

Still working regular meet day/night and Xmas drinks. 

Any plans for shows and track days welcome too? 

More to follow

regards

chris 

• Thanks 2

That’s brilliant news Chris, thank you.

18 hours ago, CeeBee said:

Well it happened! 

Great to meet you guys on Saturday and looking forward to our next meeting. :)

Well done to Chris for braving the weather and bringing his Westfield, and a very nice car it was too.

12 hours ago, RobP said:

Great to meet you guys on Saturday and looking forward to our next meeting. :)

Well done to Chris for braving the weather and bringing his Westfield, and a very nice car it was too.

Cheers Rob

Thanks for the expert tire kicking and throttle blipping from you and Steve. I have added to my list of thinks to ‘understand and adjust’ before I tackle the ‘hmmmmm what if I changed this or that...’

Once again I am reminded of the benefits of building your own car or stripping and rebuilding as I am still finding bits that I don’t know what they are/do - expect more questions/pictures...

chris 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 20:21, CeeBee said:

Cheers Rob

Thanks for the expert tire kicking and throttle blipping from you and Steve. I have added to my list of thinks to ‘understand and adjust’ before I tackle the ‘hmmmmm what if I changed this or that...’

Once again I am reminded of the benefits of building your own car or stripping and rebuilding as I am still finding bits that I don’t know what they are/do - expect more questions/pictures...

chris 

Hi Chris, nice car.  One of the mystery bits was the shiny but complex looking item in the fuel line - I think the solution to the 'mystery' is that it is a pressure regulator which is also connected to vacuum in order to maintain a pressure differential relative to manifold rather than atmosphere.

Ah good point Steve,

I was looking at maybe getting a swirl pot but this may suffice.

Cheers