Bristol and Bath AO

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

Good evening all,

I know this is a bit random but I thought I would give it a go…

I have been a lurker/watcher for a few years, joined in April and then bought my first Westy on 6th September this year – so far 1200 miles done in rain, wind and sun.  Yes, the grin is still etched on my face…

image.png.b8493401991545138e7f05c0b0196eff.png

In the process of looking to meet up with others I noticed that there wasn't a Bristol and Bath AO and enquired to Julie if there was any pre-requisite to taking on the role...needless to say, She said no and so here I am – Provisional, fledgling, temporary AO.

To that end I’d really like to try to get an initial meet arranged:

1.       To meet as many local(?) Westy owners to share our hobby and look at each others great cars.

2.       Get you knowledgeable owners to cast an eye over my new toy and help me:

a.       Identify the specification where paperwork is missing

b.       Identify good/bad parts/build

c.       Work out a must do/nice to do/don’t bother list

3.       Drink coffee and eat bacon butties/cake

4.       To get an article in the Winter Westfield World…with pictures?

Therefore, I wonder if I could trouble you to get in touch and see if any of the following dates would be ok?

1.       Sunday 28th October (PM)

2.       Saturday 10th November

3.       Sunday 11th November (PM)

4.       Saturday 17th November

5.       Sunday 18th November

Finally, any ideas on locations for a central(ish) first meeting point – if not I could host at our house (Lyde Green, North East Bristol) – ample parking in Community Centre car park over the road?

Many thanks in anticipation

Chris (CeeBee)

@ArcenPower

@SXRORY

@JohnWM2

@lloydox

@Master O

@wackydo

@jeff oakley

@spm

@CrisisWolf

@Barry Ashcroft

@DaveM123

@Wobblyprop

@timessex

@matt_c

@djm

@Ad Eves

@Terzo204

@Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well done, good luck, hopefully you’ll get some good support. :yes:

I am in the process of moving to the Bristol area but will probably need a couple of months to get sorted.

When that's done, I will get on touch:yes:.

Mike.

Well done for taking this on. We need a area organiser down here i can do most Sundays but not the 28th October. Just post on hear where we are meeting. Haynes breakfast club first Sunday of the month is a good place. 

Fantastic work, well done, I hope members will support you well and turn up, even if it's in a tin top, taking into account we are walloping straight towards winter. I look forward to watching the progress of this area :yes::yes::yes: 

• Like 1

Congratulations on taking the step and volunteering, good luck and I hope you get plenty of support from your local members 

Fair play for stepping up:yes:, Im up for getting involved cant do the 28th oct 

later nov would be better for me. Might have the car back togther by then 

Well done for stepping up and fingers crossed you get the local member come along and support 

If im around which ever data you pick, I'll pop over as well 

Well done. As I think Julie passed onto you I'll be able to co-assist where possible and link up with KitNet.uk where suitable. Will support you all the way (nearly 5 years into ownership I think in Bristol so I've developed other means and co-joined with Tom for Combe and Wales etc).

1.       Sunday 28th October (PM) - ok

2.       Saturday 10th November - not as good but ok

3.       Sunday 11th November (PM) - not as good but ok

4.       Saturday 17th November - ok

5.       Sunday 18th November - ok

Thanks Chris for resurrecting the Bristol and Bath section.

Dates I am available are:

Saturday 10th November

Sunday 11th November

With regard to the meeting location do you you know the locations of the list of members? If so maybe you could identify a mid group location suitable for all members! Don't forget the members map is voluntary so not all members in the area may not be on it if you were planning to plot it from the map!

Welcome CeeBee and well done for stepping up to the mark. Car looks great by the way.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Westie any more :( and my Caterham is not road legal...but I wish you the very best of luck with the AO role.

I guess you are in Emersons Green?

On 15/10/2018 at 21:04, djm said:

Thanks Chris for resurrecting the Bristol and Bath section.

Dates I am available are:

Saturday 10th November

Sunday 11th November

With regard to the meeting location do you you know the locations of the list of members? If so maybe you could identify a mid group location suitable for all members! Don't forget the members map is voluntary so not all members in the area may not be on it if you were planning to plot it from the map!

Cheers DJM, 

Yes, that is how I came up with the list as a 'starter for ten'?

I was thinking about a South Bristol/West Bath meet up:

Ashton Court?

Chew Magna?

Saltford Pub?

Does anyone know of any other members we should be contacting.