Peak district Santa run. SATURDAY 22ND December

Trevor Little (Trevturtle) - Treasurer

Moved to Saturday 22nd December as Sunday looks a little moist  (not good if we want the roof  off and dry Santa suits.)

I have  a pass out for Saturday and a passenger... who can be ejected at any point :o

@Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO has planned a route, so I can follow :laugh:...thank you

Dig out your fairy lights, Santa costumes, elf costumes and heating acoutrements for  2018 Peak district Santa run

Meet at halfords at Ashbourne at 10am to leave at 10.30.  The route (assuming I don't  get lost  at the first corner leaving the car park) will be through the peak district with a warm lunch around 1pm .

What can you expect?

1Jumping in you car at home and driving away le mans style in case your neighbours see you and think you've lost your marbles.

2.Arriving at Ashbourne  to meet your fellow westfield 'marbleless' owners. 

3. Followed by the best few hours of your year spent waving at kids and families and generally feeling  good.

Arriving home in the dark and not caring about how you look :p

If the 23rd December  weather  is rubbish we may move to the 22nd.. we can decide nearer the time.

I will bring the doughnuts 

Photos of the the previous years lunacy good for the soul events below

20171203_094435.thumb.jpg.fea6d567941d90c6e34851c39985a2cf.jpgP1020203.jpg.9319877999a1f2f13b1d6d1d746fb13f.jpgP1020212.jpg.49bba427b7af0a8624151757ec34cf9c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

The route (assuming I don't  get at the first corner leaving the car park) will be through the peak district

Lost - you lost the word lost already and you haven't even turned a wheel :p

Oh, and yes, we are totally marbleless and will be there for a crazy day of fun

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Lost - you lost the word lost already 

Found it

• Haha 2

Hope to finaly make it this year. :d

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Hope to finaly make it this year. :d

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: 

Bet you don't, given your long list of extensive winter upgrades :p But hope you do!

Oh hell, yes, had forgotten that bit. :( 

• Haha 1

Worst comes to the worst, perhaps I can scrounge a passenger ride somewhere and we can have two Santa’s in a car!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

This is getting close now and I have had a look at the route. I have tweaked it a bit from last year and put a very nice bit of road in that is used infrequently by us. We have been in the loft and got all the daft attire down from last year. I made sure that I filled up with petrol on Sunday so I am not stood at the pump dressed up. Just the car to trim up and we are good to go.

:xmas::xmas::xmas:

14 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

This is getting close now and I have had a look at the route. I have tweaked it a bit from last year and put a very nice bit of road in that is used infrequently by us. We have been in the loft and got all the daft attire down from last year. I made sure that I filled up with petrol on Sunday so I am not stood at the pump dressed up. Just the car to trim up and we are good to go.

:xmas::xmas::xmas:

How about giving the weather a good talking to, as well!

• Haha 1

On 18/12/2018 at 12:07, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

How about giving the weather a good talking to, as well!

I think I will have to have a full on tantrum paddy at the weather, it currently says Saturday is better than Sunday. I can move stuff around and make Saturday happen if necessary, what about you guys @Trevturtle @IanK (Bagpuss) @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary?

Saturday is probably better for me, if anything.

Christmas duties on Saturday for me..sorry.  Bad planning on my part 

Go for saturday if the weather is better. It's not going to work with a roof on and i suspect santa suits are not water resistant.  

finger crossed the rain  will move to  Monday  still two days before the weekend . a lot can change 

Saturday Christmas  duties rearranged .... I'm ok now.  Mrs L will be referencing this for passouts next year :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

I can do either, would prefer to stay dry, but equally it would be good to see @Trevturtle. Let's review Fri night.

BTTT

EVENT MOVED  TO SATURDAY  22ND DECEMBER 

• Like 2