John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Looking forward to the Wirral and North Wales 2019 road trip. There are so many places, so little time. Where takes your fancy?

Scotland. Done it three times, never seen so much rain. But the roads and the scenery are just epic. Paddling on Durness beach is a life long memory.

Isle of Man. Also three times, ferry is expensive. TT course is epic, nice eateries in Douglas.

Wales. YDG is now 12 years old and a firm favourite. Elan Valley is the highlight of the weekend. Highland Moors hospitality is 5 star.

Island of Ireland. Looks good, never been, ferry costs again. But the west coast roads are exceptional.

Europe. France, Switzerland, Italy. Bornio, Stelvio. Wow. Needs to be a full week.

So where shall we go? Can't do them all, pity, so let's have some comments and advice, then we can start planning. Is there anywhere else that takes your fancy?

Me and my mate did the le mans 24hr. He would like to do it again in 2019. I was thinking hull ferry then trip to zandvoort circuit then onto nurburgring then back to the spa classic. Still researching at the moment. Would love to do the TT at some point too.

Matty

You could go here John.

IMGP2170.thumb.JPG.2f54a5578e8222b091e992c226a92e7f.JPG

Or here

IMGP5146.thumb.JPG.257cc895ff092a861966cb8629e985b7.JPG

I did Ireland this year, not in the westy, the crossing was £300 with a caravan in tow, from Cairnryan (Scotland) to Larne, only a 2 hour crossing.

Like you said there's so many places to see.

IMGP5070.thumb.JPG.7790940a9981fd3b931558bd1c75b221.JPGIMGP2522.thumb.JPG.80de3e6f70eefd5d9d2e39adb4344568.JPGIMG_1007.thumb.JPG.86d7eb88a06e4a7ac851d0079d5a0e68.JPGIMG_1020.thumb.JPG.d94b48541384ef4b60b713b38566a090.JPGIMGP2719.thumb.JPG.d9fc8a86f71b76575c803db89708ab86.JPG

Have i inspired you yet ? :sun:

• Like 1

Oops nearly forgot Paul Ricard, lol.

IMGP2392.JPG

IMGP2397.JPG

19 hours ago, bollockybill said:

Wales. YDG is now 12 years old and a firm favourite. Elan Valley is the highlight of the weekend. Highland Moors hospitality is 5 star.

Be a shame to drop this annual one, brill this year and would do it again

1 hour ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Picos ,Northern Spain. Did it on the bikes this year and it was stunning!!

& near to Santander so bulk of distance to get there and back can be on ferry, rather than long long drive. More time for pleasurable scenery and adrenaline twisties.

Northumberland, North York Moors, Pembrokeshire. I know they don't sound as exotic as Spain, France or Italy but they are places we've not been to in our Westfields

Jeff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeff the joiner said:

Northumberland, 

And the Scottish borders :yes:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeff the joiner said:

Northumberland, North York Moors, Pembrokeshire.

Jeff

That's going to be some trip.

9 hours ago, jeff the joiner said:

Northumberland, North York Moors, Pembrokeshire. I know they don't sound as exotic as Spain, France or Italy but they are places we've not been to in our Westfields

Jeff

Pembrokeshire sounds nice.  Never been there. Let's pick the destination with the lowest rainfall !!

• Like 1

Not sure that Pembrokeshire is in the lowest rainfall category. Although the yellow warning has now been lifted.

11 minutes ago, bollockybill said:

That's going to be some trip.

John you could do the first two together.

14 minutes ago, jeff the joiner said:

John you could do the first two together.

Good idea, Jeff.

Where did you get your long range fuel tank?

If we stay at the Highland Moors again, surely Pembrokeshire isn't too far away, is it? We've done the Brecon Beacons before, and that was easy.

Two events :rolleyes:  One early in the year, one later ?

• Like 1