Norway member getting started

Bjornarhuse

Hi all,

I am Bjørnar (plural for Bear). I am 51, live in Ålesund on the (north) west coast. I just got my kit a couple of days ago, but since the rebuilding of my garage is taking FOREVER, the kit is stored in a shipping container at the moment. Hope to have a garage up in a month or so, then another month to do epoxy, setting up the workshop and getting organised. Hope to have the car built by spring. I am not getting winter tires for it, so I will be waiting until spring before finishing and registering.

My garage burnt in March while I was in Rio. Inside was a Geländewagen, two racebikes, a Husaberg enduro bike and remnants of a bankrupt Honda workshop I had bought a few years ago. Fully kitted garage with lift, central heater, large compressor, sandblaster, paint booth etc. The good thing is that I am getting a new garage from my insurance, the bad being that for "unregistered motor vehicles and their accessories" there was a CAP of about GBP 3.000. I am about 30 grand in the hole after finding that out. Oh well, life goes on...

I am sort of a Mercedes nut, have a 1992 190e 2.6 in Spain, a B250electric, a B180cdi  (2012), an A180cdi (2004) and my primary car a 2010 C63 estate. Oh, and a 2008 Crafter 17 cubic for my two race bikes. 

As mentioned, I am still waiting for my new garage, so I will be loitering and collecting info until then! See ya!

• Like 1

:ww: From Scotland 

will wait to follow your build once you get started don’t forget anything you’re unsure of just ask and add plenty of pictures 

good luck with the garage and the build 

:ww: look forward to more updates when your garage is up and running.

Welcome.

Just looked up Ålesund  on the map. Beautiful area but I think you'll need a heater for the car.

Hi Bjørnar, greetings from East Yorkshire and welcome to the club.    :ww:

:ww: from Norfolk. Would love to see some pictures of your area (and the build)!