Classic Vehicle (+Kitcar Hall) Restoration Show Bath & West Showground Shepton Mallet 3/4 November

Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

Wow!

Is that some kind of mechanical fuel injection system strapped to the cam cover?

21 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Wow!

Is that some kind of mechanical fuel injection system strapped to the cam cover?

More pics here - can anyone see how the throttle works? Can't see butterflies or sliders...

http://www.moreschi.info/motori/cosworth_bdg.htm

Cool bit of kit!

Given where the linkage sits, the large rectangular housing the trumpets sit on, and the springs running along the top of it, I wonder if there’s a slide throttle in there.

Im sure it’s a fantastic classic motorsport engine package, but what a way to make a fantastic looking, classic engine start to look like the modern “white goods” Ecoboosts of the world! :p :d 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Im sure it’s a fantastic classic motorsport engine package, but what a way to make a fantastic looking, classic engine start to look like the modern “white goods” Ecoboosts of the world! :p :d 

Feel I should point out Ecoboost owners have got feelings! Even if our engines our modern engines are possibly "visually challenged" ;).

5 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

More pics here - can anyone see how the throttle works? Can't see butterflies or sliders...

http://www.moreschi.info/motori/cosworth_bdg.htm

Defintely a slider on there Chris. i am sure the DFV used a similar injection system. Mechanical fuel injection was same as the kugelfisher sp ? system potentially if not the same.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Feel I should point out Ecoboost owners have got feelings! Even if our engines our modern engines are possibly "visually challenged" ;).

This Ford even has an engine in the back @AdgeC

ecosport_asean_utilities_005.jpg.480e6fc17f51df4584cd44e6bcf29b5c.jpg

• Haha 2