Help. What is this light for??

Skypeller

From the Standard Lucas wiring colours for comparison, Green would be ignition switch live (which you could check and confirm) and Yellow/Green is alternator rectifier.

• Thanks 1

Right so, when ignition is on position 2- the bulb element is microspocially glowing, when engine is running its visible but only just like you really have to look! This is the light I was originally wondering what it does, next to passenger. 

The one above the gearknob / tunnel doesn’t seem to do anything so could be some kind of warning light for pressure or overtemp etc etc 

This is the colour of the wires for what I think is the ignition light 

( two green and one red )

and colour of the wires for the mystery light. (1 green & 1 yellow & green) 

19B9751A-8DAF-4288-B345-103F209CED36.jpeg

BD99AE46-4762-426A-A7CC-238072DC602A.jpeg

Here is a picture of the 2 lights from behind the instrument cluster panel, the red must be live feed connects to the one and the connection the other side bridges over to the other light in question and then the 2nd connection on that is the yellow/green wire 

35BAD9C6-C059-4671-833A-FCBBFDDFFDFD.jpeg

Have you traced the wires back . The thickness of the wire makes me think that this is an addition , it just doesn't look 'right' to me for  Westfield loom wiring . 

I think it’s an extension on the webcon ecu loom and it’s wrong somehow. The wires go down wrapped in with the wiring loom through the hole that comes out above the bellhousing. 

Ah I see , at least that's a start then , someone up on Webcon seems to be what you need then .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JulianE said:

Ah I see , at least that's a start then , someone up on Webcon seems to be what you need then .

Not sure if that would help. I don’t think it’s standard even for a Webcon/Westfield installation.

One could be a check engine light though. I can’t recall for sure, but the Webcon loom and ecu seem to have a lot of very generic stuff in them, even when supplied as standard on kits or factory built cars. A CEL light option may we’ll be in there too. It’s not normally used on Westfields, but someone could have hooked it up?

I don’t think the wiring colours are necessarily going to tell you what they normally would, as they do look very afterthought ish, so the chances of the colour coding actually matching the function aren’t great! That said, if you do find the other end, at least the colours will start and out!

Given the slightly odd location, I’d be confirming first off that they absolutely aren’t indicator lamps for any of the switches they’re near by.

I can’t recal if you said, the one you though might be ignition, does it come on full brightness when the engine is stopped but the ignition is still turned on?

Hi Dave 

no the light is never really fully “on” glows mildly when engine running and is barely on when ignition is on but engine off