Peak District Run Out, Sunday 14th October POSTPONED

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN FORECAST

Shall we? shall we go for a run around the Peak District? How about we don't invite any cows or any buzzards? Now there's a good idea.

Meet at Sainsburys, Matlock, DE4 3SP, 10.30am for a scenic trip around the Peak District. The usual rules apply, if it's chucking it down, stop in bed and if it's cold, wrap up warm.

Try not to wear the same t-shirt as anyone else :p, shorts are allowed but I am not sure about the carpet slippers :p, only if it's your big birthday can you wear old ladies frocks:p

I will be inviting my secret hot water bottle and blanket, but you are not allowed to photograph it, them's the rules.

• Haha 1

I'll be in my shorts but running my local 10K, sorry! Have a great roadkill free day!

• Sad 1

We may be joining you for this but I'm not sure I can follow the rules about the hot water bottle!:p

• Haha 1

Can't make this one I'm afraid.

• Sad 1

Hi Julie, we might make this but a few things have got to fall into place:laugh: 2 flights to be on time and connect, getting some sleep on the flight, being picked up at the airport by the parents??? and getting a good nights kip!! If all that works and we wake up feeling ok and it's not p***ing down we'll come out for the day( it's better than starting the washing!!!)  take it easy luv Andy and Becky xxx

• Like 1

..yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

..yes

You had to think about that then!!:p

I Wish!

Been a rubbish Westfield year for me :(

Crikey @Trevturtle I nearly fell off the end of my screen then!

Poor @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO narrowly missed the run last Wednesday daytime and now this one. We are going every weekend through the winter if that helps, can start or finish at your end if you give me some notice.

I have messed about with google maps and set the route tonight. It is a hour and a bit North, lunch, a hour South to finish just above Ashbourne, cake, since everyone is from the South (PaulVX is coming too) we may as well head down that way to finish.

Have you watched the weather report this morning? they have now changed it to rain in the morning, clearing to showers. Watch this space.

How the hell I can I watch it from 30,000 feet? It’s sunny:sun:and 40degrees in Dubai while we wait for our next flight, might not see you tomorrow then if it’s p***ing down, I’ll stop in bed and catch up on my beauty sleep!!

As you can probably notice, it's a bit blustery, watch out for trees down and loose branches,  it's a nasty dent in tin top and a lot worse in our cars :o

Not kidding, came home upyesterday through a lot of downed branches and things in the roads, to find some fresh firewood in the garden at home.

8B6FCF97-39F2-4B7D-AEDD-9CC8739B210B.jpeg

Just off outside, now it’s stopped chucking it down, to chop it up. Shame I haven’t got a fire!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry folks but it is now forecasting rain for most of the day, so I am postponing this event, we are gutted as we were really looking forward to it. :(:bangshead::no: