pressure washer - recommendations please

Castlecroft

I know what you mean, I’m normally Mr ****** most of the time.

Hmmm pressure washers, I don't understand the need for them, why?

A bit  like leaf blowers, noisy and pointless.

SootySport, I'm inclined to agree and only replaced my old broken Powerbase one because I had a three sets of very dirty wheels to clean for my son to take to Australia with his car, and three sets of my own on cars, and the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner really does need a pressure jet to finish the job. As for using it to clean my cars, I wouldn't dream of subjecting the paint and rubber seals to that sort of abuse. My terrace is paved and might need washing at some point, but experience with it before it was relaid was that pressure washing isn't up to removing moss and lichen unless you spend hours at it. It's a fun toy though... :)

13 hours ago, SootySport said:

A bit  like leaf blowers, noisy and pointless.

Not got any oak trees around your garden Sooty? My garden gets covered and my quiet electric blower does the job beautifully. 

Have a couple of trees shedding leaves now, the worms take them away. Where do blow the leaves to? 

I numbered all the leaves in my trees so I can stick them back on next year.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

SootySport, I'm inclined to agree and only replaced my old broken Powerbase one because I had a three sets of very dirty wheels to clean for my son to take to Australia with his car, and three sets of my own on cars, and the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner really does need a pressure jet to finish the job. As for using it to clean my cars, I wouldn't dream of subjecting the paint and rubber seals to that sort of abuse. My terrace is paved and might need washing at some point, but experience with it before it was relaid was that pressure washing isn't up to removing moss and lichen unless you spend hours at it. It's a fun toy though... :)

Also undermines the sand substrate unders driveways and patios. My neighbour volunteered himself to clean my drive, i now have a few loose paviors. A gentle hosepipe and a broom does a better job.

I tried a few things to clean the patio when I moved in here, no luck. Pressure washer did the job a treat. Same on the drive and had no issues with undermining the substrate.

It also worked well as a wet sand blaster, but I don’t use it to wash the cars like some folk do. Mine gets used maybe once every two or three years to freshen up the drive and patio.